Pregnant after 35
Options

About to break

Ok I am 38 and pg with our 4th. I have had several people asked me are you sure about this pregnancy? Or say, it's not too late to do something.... Orsay, are you sure you're okay with this pregnancy? Seriously I almost slapped the last person that asked me that! Why the hell would I not be?! Ugh!!! Thank you for letting me vent!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: About to break

• Options
    rude!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options

ugh..  my husband has 11 siblings.  Yes, 11.  This is not our first marriage, I have four boys from 1st marriage my husband has No children this is his first.  One sister of his in particular has made several unwanted and rude comments regarding us needing to be done.  It's none of her damn business.  ughh. commiserating with you

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How can people be so insensitive? I am so sorry. Hugs.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    That is terrible! I'd want to slap someone who said that, too. Just try to remember that their opinions are irrelevant.
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow. Isn't it amazing what people feel entitled to form opinions about? And what they feel free to share or ask that let you know their opinion? I'm pregnant with #2, and I'm amazed at the number of people who ask if it was a surprise or planned. (Like the dental hygienist cleaning my teeth yesterday!). Why don't they just ask if we are too stupid to know how birth control works? So not their business! Can't imagine how they would act if this was beyond #2. Sheesh.
  • Options
    It never ceases to amaze me how unbelieveably rude and ignorant people can be. We were out to dinner w/my in laws last week and I was talking about having had my glucose test done & passing it. FIL said wow it really does seem like you are having to go to the doctor a lot & have a lot of tests done, I don't remember that when we had kids. The MIL pipes up and says "Oh that's cause she's an old lady, just kidding, but it is because of your age." Hello, I'm 36 not 66. I came out and said no I only had 1 extra test in the 1st trimester due to my age & the rest has been all routine stuff that even 18 year olds would need if they were pregnant. I told my MIL it's just cause it's been about 30 years since she has been pregnant and a lot has changed since then. I swear do people even think before they speak?

Melissa

• Options
    so sorry that sucks. I know how it is. I feel so old everywhere I go with my dd who is three. All the moms are early twenties. Now that I am pregnant it is even harder. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's unbelievable how people are and what they will say. Ignorant people. I guess they have not seen the Duggar family!  Gotta come up with some witty remark like how you plan to have the oldest take care of the youngest and you are planning on a few more after this one...heheheh. 

I admire you for having #4-I think that is fabulous!  Congrats on baby #4!!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    2006:diagnosed w/ PCOS
    ...2010: 4 unsuccessful fertility tx's
    Jan 2013: angel baby @9 weeks... May 2013- we're pregnant!
    OCT 2013- married the love of my life
    FEB 2014- baby girl is due!!

• Options
    Thank you ladies :). The it's not too late to do something about it, came from my step mother-in-law. She speaks her mind but holy smokes woman put a sock in it. (Hugs) to those of you that are getting similar comments!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Options
    I am pregnant with my 5th and I get the same sort of things. Or my favorite "have you figured out what causes this yet?" Cant stand that one
  • Options
    um, yeah... i'd actually get a kick out of the looks of pity or horror when i would go out with my older four to the store and sporting a big belly..  I can only imagine what it will be like when #5 is old enough to go out with us. "Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave.." (Sorry, the kids have been on a Madagascar kick lately)

@Leftie22 , I bought a $20 knockoff ring at a department store in a larger size that Ive received more compliments on, than my real band set, lol. I'm also glad I didnt have my real set on when I had my emergency delivery last week where I could have missplaced it in the hospital.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    This is actually why I'm dreading telling people this time.
  • Options

So sorry people are so rude!  I am having my first at 38.  I get the wow, you took your time.  I have only been married a year and a half!  Congrats on your LO. 

@ tracy=14  my mother in law said when she was pregnant with my husband (her 3rd) someone asked her if she knew what was causing it and she replied "yes but I just like it so much!" she said they shut up really quick :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• Options
    We got the questions and raised eyebrows too! Our oldest is 14 and we TTC for 6 yrs before #2 came along. We were surprised at getting pregnant so quickly with #3, but he is definitely wanted and planned. It's tough when people say things and express ignorance about people's personal choices and tgings that are outfof our control, like secondary infertility. Anyway, off soapbox--congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"