January 2014 Moms
Options

Labor and Glasses

2»

Re: Labor and Glasses

• Options
    @kristabelieve

I wore contacts, but had glasses on standby.
    I cannot see crap without help.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will wear contacts. I have the Night and Day ones that you sleep in so I already wear my contacts 24/7. I just make sure that I have drops with me everywhere. l'm so used to contacts that wearing glasses in a new environment would really freak me out because I can't see with peripheral vision or when I wake up at night.  
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    Hasn't honestly thought about this yet - glad you posted!. I typically wear glasses and haven't worn contacts in over a year probably - if I end up having a section I most definitely want to be able to see everything so I guess I may opt for contacts no matter how much they annoy me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wore my glasses when DS was born. I most likely didn't take them off at all (my vision is pretty bad and I can't see 6 inches in front of my face without them) and I don't remember them getting in the way or annoying me. I find contacts to be so uncomfortable when I'm pregnant so I really only wear them for yoga class at this point.

That being said, I've gotten a different pair of glasses since DS was born and they shift a lot more on my face than my previous pair, so I'm thinking I might bring my contacts along just in case!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ovenrack said:
    Anyone else remember several months ago someone's UO (I think?) was about not liking when people wore glasses to formal events or for photos.  

Like, they thought glasses inherently looked casual so thought it looked bad when you were dressed up.  Weird.  I wonder who that was?
    I remember that. I wear glasses exclusively. I don't own contacts at all. So I will be wearing my glasses. Sorry to the poster who thought they looked casual, but IDGAF, because I'd rather see my baby.

• Options
    I wore glasses with DD, and don't remember having any problems. FWIW, contacts are not an option for me.  My eyes are too sensitive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Options
    I don't have contacts so I will be wearing my glasses.  Although I will probably take them off because they will annoy me at some point with them falling down (I normally wear them everywhere but in the house), but they will be at the hospital with me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I didn't even think about this... Which is crazy because I'm a -12 in each eye. I think I'll probably just give it a try in contacts and see how it goes... I can see SO much better with my contacts, and if my face gets sweaty then my glasses drive me nutso! Is it totally unreasonable to think I'd have a chance to put my contacts in when I'm getting close to pushing? (I'll be on pain meds). I feel like I'd rather wear my glasses at first when things are less intense, and then wear my contacts when the workout starts... I feel like that sounds like a ridiculous FTM question.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't currently have any contacts so I will be wearing my glasses. I can just take them off if they become to much during labor, since I can see close up just not far away.
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"