Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Fleece Covers

We've only used pockets and AIO.  Can anyone tell me about fleece covers?  Are they only fleece, with no PUL?  Could I just get some fleece at Joann's to make covers, or is it a different kind? Thanks!

Re: Fleece Covers

• Options

Yes, no PUL just fleece and you can make your own with Joanns fabrics :)

We use mostly fleece at night with fitteds and it works great so far. I just got some fleece longies and those are her PJ's and then I put a sleepsack on her that happens to be fleece too so double layers :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It doesn't get her clothes/pjs wet?  I know in her case, her jammies are fleece.  That just baffles me!  :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It doesn't soak through unless the diaper sticks out so I make sure it gets tucked in... the pants sometimes get damp on the inside but the times we use just a soaker with regular PJ's on top, the Pj's are never wet (unless the diaper does stick out from under the fleece)

Dunno... it just works... I love it!

Also, our dipes are quite absorbent... I use GM, B4 and wooldins (similar to GMs) plus I add an extra soaker to the GMs and wooldins (the b4s already have an extra one)

I have had more leakes and changes in the middle of the night with pockets that I have with fleece/fited combo :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh and she is an incredibly heavy wetter! so it's not beacuse she doesn't pee enough or something
  • Options
    Ugh.... I can't spell today! sorry :(
  • Options
    Thanks for the help!  Is fleece usually only used for nighttime diapers?  Could you use them with daytime?  DS usually just wear fleece pants to daycare (or sweatpants).  He plays all day, I don't see the need to put good clothes on him!
  • Options

Oh yeah... I also use them during the day.... although we tend to use our Wahmies when out and about so she wears her "regular" clothes but other wise it's wool or fleece longies or soakers and babylegs

I have a few pants bought at a store that are fleece so I just use those too :)

• Options
    Thanks so much for all the help!  Although it might be bad.  It could become an obsession if I start making them!!  We'll still use our pockets at daycare, but maybe we'll venture out and try something else on the weekends/nighttime. 
  • Options
    The only problem with fleece during the daytime is that you can have some compression issues with it while using carseats.  But, if you're not going to be in the car its really not an issue at all.  We love fleece because its so breathable and bulletproof.  We had MAJOR night leaking issues until we tried fleece, and wool.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"