Secondary IF

Pessimism

I can't shake it. I'm waiting on af (cd1 may actually be today if this spotting picks up like I'm expecting), and I just can't help but wonder if maybe we just aren't supposed to ever have another baby. Like it's just not in the cards. We aren't very religious at all, so I don't really have the comfort that some have with praying and believing God has a plan. We're doing our 6th, and mostly likely final, IUI before moving to IVF (most likely February). And I already feel like I'm agreeing to IVF so that I know I tried everything, but I really don't expect it to work. I need someone to slap me with the optimism stick. 

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
 3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

Re: Pessimism

• I can not slap you only ((HUG)) you. 

• I am religious and I do not think that it is EVER God's plan to put a woman through the suffering of IF secondary or otherwise. He WIRED us to be mothers.

I get pessimistic occasionally, but I'm a fighter :) failure is not an option. I think do an IUI and go into IVF with all guns blazing. (Hugs)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • I am right there with you!  I actually told DH this weekend that I don't even know if I want to have another baby anymore?!?!  We are doing a self induced "break month" (no temps, opks, timed sex) and I just flat out bailed on having sex during most of my fertile week because I wasn't "feeling it".  I am certain that this is just a defense mechanism as I am so sick of month after month seeming like failure.  Truly, I don't believe it is in the cards for us and I have the same nagging pessimism...
    Sorry!  It stinks!!
  • bcw2009 said:
    I am right there with you!  I actually told DH this weekend that I don't even know if I want to have another baby anymore?!?!  We are doing a self induced "break month" (no temps, opks, timed sex) and I just flat out bailed on having sex during most of my fertile week because I wasn't "feeling it".  I am certain that this is just a defense mechanism as I am so sick of month after month seeming like failure.  Truly, I don't believe it is in the cards for us and I have the same nagging pessimism...
    Sorry!  It stinks!!
    This was me last month. I actually looked forward to AF because I knew it was coming and I felt come control over it.

IF is heartbreaking and I do rely on my faith but its still really painful.

Hugs.

Sometimes a break just eases the struggle a bit, at least for me it was motivation after to try harder this month
    (HUGS)

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • ((HUGS))  I had this same thought occur to me yesterday as I started spotting while I cleaned up the guest room (where all of our baby stuff has been stored). This roller coaster called IF sucks!

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• ((Hugs))  I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, hun.  I haven't gone down the IUI or IVF route but feel the defeat and pessimism every cycle when my temp drops way too soon and I become depressed about my body being a complete failure at this cycle business.  On those days, I do often look at my son and reassure myself that he'll be an awesome individual even if he grows up an only child.  And then one day I'll wake up feeling anxious to try again, and we wash, rinse, and repeat.  If the good days stop coming, I know I'll be done with all of this.  But as long as they keep coming, I keep pushing forward.

I hope your hopeful days are waiting right around the corner, Jen.  ((hugs again))

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Thanks guys! As usual this place is the only place I feel like someone truly understands all of the emotions and craziness that I/we go through each cycle. I'm sure some of this is just part of the normal roller coaster of waiting for the inevitable (and evil) CD1, and I'm crossing my fingers that that hope @cheesypeas mentioned shows back up when I pop that first clomid pill cd3. Just gotta keep on keepin' on  :ar!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited December 2013
    I wonder this at least 5x per day. Seriously the only reason I have to go forth with ANOTHER effing IVF cycle is so that my boo @freakyfast doesn't have to go through it by herself. Idk if it's just because it's the end of the year.. But I feel so over TTC lately, and it doesn't help at all that my kid has been a jerky toddler lately. I don't know why in the mother eff I would want to go through this shit again. 

Womp womp. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Big sweet cuddly hugs....but not in a creepy way! I am so sorry! My fingers are crossed for you!!!! When in doubt just throw potatoes!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• I'm not religious either.  It's hard to remain positive in these sorts of situations.  Remember that one day you will look back and see the path that led you to your family.  It might be IUI, it might be IVF, it might be something else.  But each step gets you closer, and one day you'll appreciate the design that brought it all together.  The waiting isn't for you, it's for your child - the specific child you are meant to have.  

Hugs!
    Trying for #2 with IVF after damage done in a D&C left me with one functioning (but too scarred) ovary and tube to get pregnant safely without assistance. It's a really, really long story, but that is the gist of it.  We have one daughter (whose c-section birth started this roller coaster) born in 2012 after a miscarriage in 2011. 
    Failed 1st attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 3, 1 frozen embryo saved) in December 2013.  
    Failed 2nd attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 5, 2 frozen embryos saved) in February 2014.
  • All I can offer is hugs. This CD1 put me in a pretty dark place, too. We're waiting on genetic testing to decide whether we even should go forward with IUI. Our appointment isn't until January 10, so we have a few weeks to wait. I know we should take a break until then but I don't know if I can make myself stop TTC even though I know there's very little chance it will happen for us naturally.
  • Hugs to all of you CD1 is the worst. It always puts me in such a dark place. And I always get my hopes up too high during the 2WW.
    BFP: 5/10/14 after 14 cycles of trying!
    EDD: 1/21/15
    5/12 1st beta: 28
    5/14 2nd beta: 87.5
    5/23: 3rd beta: 4000.6 + saw gestational sac and yolk sac
    5/30: 4th beta: 17,852 + saw fetal pole and heard heartbeat! 127 BPM!
  • I know I'm new to this whole journey but I have had the same feelings as all these test results are coming in.  There are days it feels hopeless.  I'm sending lots and lots of hugs to you. This process certainly bites a big one!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    BFP 6/1/14  --  Blighted Ovum: 7/9/14  --  D&C: 7/10/14
    BFP 3/26/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy: 3/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"