June 2014 Moms
Options

*~* Born To Run June Bugs Check In *~*

This is a weekly thread for runners who are due June 2014, that is posted on Mondays. All who run--or who want to start running--are welcome, regardless of mileage, pace, ability, size, shape, or terrestrial status. This is a place to talk about running while pregnant, training, runs, races, gear, recovery, nutrition, and whatever else we can think of. 

Anyone who posts here regularly should feel free to start the thread on Mondays if it seems to be missing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

How were your runs this week? Lay it on us...

GTKY: What questions do you have?

Re: *~* Born To Run June Bugs Check In *~*

• Options
    How were your runs this week? Lay it on us Ugh! I think I may not be qualified to head this thread anymore. I didn't run at all this past week. Its so cold in the morning and its been hard trying to go at any other time. I hate treadmill running but almost wish I had one just for winter. It's supposed to be warmer here over the next week so maybe I will get some miles in. 

GTKY: What questions do you have? Has anyone found maternity capris/pants/shorts yet? My capris are getting snug around the waist.
  • Options
    How were your runs this week? Lay it on us... I'm happy to report I got 14.3 miles in this week! My long run on Saturday was 7.3 miles (in the snow!) and relatively pain-free. I'm still forced to run more slowly than I'd like to avoid knee/hip pain but I'm improving from last week. I'm looking forward to my appointment with the sports med doc next week to see what the root cause of all the pain is.

GTKY: What questions do you have? None, really.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How were your runs this week? Lay it on us... I'm happy to report I got 14.3 miles in this week! My long run on Saturday was 7.3 miles (in the snow!) and relatively pain-free. I'm still forced to run more slowly than I'd like to avoid knee/hip pain but I'm improving from last week. I'm looking forward to my appointment with the sports med doc next week to see what the root cause of all the pain is.

GTKY: What questions do you have? None, really.
    Guess I need to suck it up! Way to go!!
  • Options
    How were your runs this week? Lay it on us Pretty good.  Getting back into the groove after vacation took longer than expected, but I was able to get in some good exercise this weekend.  90 minute walk on Saturday and a walk/run on Sunday of about 4.5 miles.  Sunday was the first time I had some bladder problems.  I may have to stay closer to home starting now.  It's painful to have to pee and run at the same time.  Sadly, the walk/run wiped me out and I took a nap for 3 hours after.  The area below my belly button was sore for most of the day but seems to be okay now.

GTKY: What questions do you have? Still trying to find those maternity capris/workout clothes.  I can only find yoga pants which don't help for running.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I should add I walked around SeaWorld for 5 hours entertaining 3 kids - maybe this counts for something ;)
  • Options
    I should add I walked around SeaWorld for 5 hours entertaining 3 kids - maybe this counts for something ;)
    Any movement counts for something in my book!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a slacker, but I did chase DD around 2 open gyms for an hour, so I'd say I got in 3-4 mi.

@TonyaCody06, I was just at Target and they've got some maternity yoga pants in. Liz Lange brand. https://www.target.com/p/liz-lange-for-target-maternity-essential-pants-black/-/A-14173587#prodSlot=large_1_3
    They also had an active jacket https://www.target.com/p/liz-lange-for-target-maternity-long-sleeve-active-jacket-black/-/A-14656231#prodSlot=large_1_30
  • Options
    How were your runs this week? Lay it on us...Last week I only ran twice, for 3.1 miles each time.  1 spin class and a couple 45-60 min walks.  No weights.  I just wasn't feeling up to anymore. 

GTKY: What questions do you have? Is anyone wearing a maternity support belt thing yet for running, or use something similar in concept?  If so, which one and how do you like it?  My belly and lower back are getting to the point where I feel like I could use some additional support just to be more comfortable.  TIA!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    Kinipela7 said:
    Any movement counts for something in my book!

Agreed! That totally counts. :)

• Options
    Runs: 2 runs, 4.5 miles total. Not spectacular, but something!  Honestly, the holidays are just kicking my butt, so much going on running here and there, going to the gym drops in priority...

Questions:  I'm good for now, but also curious about the support belts, I haven't started showing yet, and I've only gained like a pound or 2, so its gonna be a few more weeks before I need it, but I hate to wait too long!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"