Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Maybe stupid question - Beef Jerkey?

Hi -- last pg I was craving cheese everything.  This one so far it is beef, beef, and more beef.  I have this craving for beef jerkey -- got some, then realzied that it is dried, not cooked.  It is not the homemade stuff -- but the sealed from supermarket kind.  Anyone know anything about whether this is safe or not to eat?  None of my pg material says anything one way or another -- except for smoked salmon (to only eat it if it has been cooked as part of a hot meal).  Thanks -- I really have no clue on this one.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maybe stupid question - Beef Jerkey?

• Options
    No clue but Ive downed some of it myself. It was pretty good too lol!
  • Options
    I've heard no, but b/c of nitrates
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejustgnat:

And that is what I am worried about!  Ugh.  I want some now!  ha-ha-ha.  So far everything is going well with this pg.....I don't want to do one single thing that I can avoid to mess it up.  I guess I will just have to have a hambuger tonight instead!

• Options
    imagejeffrae:

imagejustgnat:

And that is what I am worried about!  Ugh.  I want some now!  ha-ha-ha.  So far everything is going well with this pg.....I don't want to do one single thing that I can avoid to mess it up.  I guess I will just have to have a hambuger tonight instead!

EH. I've eaten hot dog and pepperoni. as long as you dont eat it everyday I'm sure you'll be alright. maybe just a bite or two would satisfy you.

• Options
    Talked to my doctor about that one, 'cause I had the same craving about a month ago.  She said it was fine, just don't over do it, and drink plenty of water, too to counteract all the salt.  FYI:  the stuff prepackaged in the supermarket is ALL cooked/dried.  They dry it by heating it.  So no worries on that front.  And I'm SO GLAD to hear I'm not the only one craving all kinds of beef.  It's funny, 'cause my DH and I used to only eat red meat once or twice a month.  A couple of weeks ago, I got 4 lbs of beef at the grocery store.  DH and I had all kinds of beef dishes that week for dinner.  :)
  • Options

imageangel555:
    Talked to my doctor about that one, 'cause I had the same craving about a month ago.  She said it was fine, just don't over do it, and drink plenty of water, too to counteract all the salt.  FYI:  the stuff prepackaged in the supermarket is ALL cooked/dried.  They dry it by heating it.  So no worries on that front.  And I'm SO GLAD to hear I'm not the only one craving all kinds of beef.  It's funny, 'cause my DH and I used to only eat red meat once or twice a month.  A couple of weeks ago, I got 4 lbs of beef at the grocery store.  DH and I had all kinds of beef dishes that week for dinner.  :)

Being that it is cooked then I am so much happier!  Yes -- I am a chicken eater, maybe 2 hamburgers a year and a few tacos/steaks a year too.  Not much red meat.  But it is what I want so badly!  ha-ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"