Blended Families
Options

Filing for an OP tomorrow

BD and DS (Aspergers) had an altercation last night. DS called hysterical saying that dad pinned him down and hurt his arms. And that he was locked in a room. BD left marks on his arms. I don't understand how this is even possible when nothing like this happens at home. This is the third incident. One previous OP. I feel like in some ways I am overreacting. But my son is terrified to go back. No phone call to check up on him. No conversation at drop off. Did I mention this happened at grandparents home? No one stepped in to help.
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Filing for an OP tomorrow

• Options
    something's wrong with your ex, seriously. I am really sorry.
  • Options

Take a photo of the mark to document.  I am so sorry!  Your poor DS!  I am upset just reading your story.

If the OP isn't granted, at least try to get supervised visitation with a professional (non-grandparent) that BD has to pay for.

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  A complete stay away order was issued.  Court is on 1/14.  Poor kid has to celebrate birthday and Christmas with out that side of the family
  • Options
    So sorry this has happened to him, glad to hear you got the PO though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I'm sorry you and DS are going through this, I'm hoping for a positive outcome on 1/14!!
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Options
    twister22twister22 member
    edited December 2013
    Just now seeing this. T&Ps your way. BD is a crap dad and doesn't deserve DS.
  • Options
    I will fight tooth and nail.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry your son had that happen to him. I'm glad the courts are on your side though, I also have a son on the spectrum and understand how frustrating the process can be to help them after a traumatic event takes place. Sending hugs your way
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely advocate for that. Unfortunately he receives his services at school through day treatment and they have been very reluctant to get involved with home life. Everything is a struggle but I won't give up.
  • Options
    I recently hired a psychiatrist, private practice. No other service providers. He did have a case manager and skill builder who took him out into the community but that service was only for 12 months. He's had several psychiatrists in the past with 2 inpatient hospitalizations. Thought it was going to be 3 here the other night. He's really struggling. So very sad. It's been 2 full weeks and neither of the kids have asked for their father.
  • Options
    Psychiatrists are rarely in depth type of a dr. In my experience, they manage meds, but dont offer much beyond that. If you are looking for a guidance in terms of a behavioral tx plan and support, a good psychologist specializing in Asperger's may be needed. Has your son done CBT?
  • Options
    Yep, we've done it all. He's not a good candidate for therapy. He often runs screaming from the room. Often taking hours to calm after. The school therapist has finally made him feel comfortable enought to go to her room when in crisis. Home with me and his sister is where he is the most comfortable. He has never been close to his father. If we had the choice, I wouldn't make him visit again. Nearly 3 weeks into the OP and still no mention of their father. Appointment with my attorney is Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"