January 2014 Moms
Options

Graco snugride infant insert?

Hi all. I'm due 12/31 with our second I'm also posting on the dec 13 board. We pulled our old graco snugride 35 out of storage but the infant insert is missing (the one that comes with it) I don't even remember using that with our first but I think I must have the first few weeks. As dumb as this sounds, is it necessary? I don't want to purchase an aftermarket one but want them to be supported. I'm going to call Graco tomorrow to see if they have replacements and then maybe a fire dept or OB/ped to check with them. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Graco snugride infant insert?

• Options
    We didn't have one in our Peg Perego car seat.  The car seat techs that helped us to install it recommended just rolling a thin receiving blanket up and putting that around the top of their head like an upside down "U".  That way their head wouldn't roll around and it wouldn't be dangerous in the case of an accident. 

I would think you could be just fine without the insert.  There are other options. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was wondering this too. We got the peg perego primo viago 30/30. It doesn't come with one and I was asking my sil today. She said she does not think it's necessary. She said she used it for her first and not second. I will also follow this for other answers.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we pulled out our cars eat, I couldn't find mine either....it ended up being in a newborn box. I will say, we had a small baby (6 lbs) and we did need the insert, but we were also in the NICU and had to pass a car seat test (breathing issues) and we needed the insert so that his head wouldn't move too. I definitely feel better having one for the car seat, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    If it doesn't come with an insert, then it would unsafe to use an insert unless it is made by the same manufacturer as the car seat and is approved for that car seat. If it comes with an insert, the insert must be used for the weight recommendations by the manufacturer. I would call graco to verify and would not use the car seat without the insert. 

• Options
    It's not necessary no.... With my last baby the hospital nurses told us that it's even better instead of the insert to roll up some receiving blankets.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"