January 2014 Moms
Options

weekend crafters checkin

So ladies, I didn't see this post yet? Got anything to share?

I don't because I had my shower yesterday and spent today organizing.
I love looking at everyone hard work though. I may have something to share next weekend. :)
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: weekend crafters checkin

• Options
    I'm working on Christmas presents tonight! I don't have any photos, but I'm making fleece pillow cases at the moment!
  • Options
    I'm on my way to silver dollar city... But if I can remember tonight when we get back I have some neck warmers still without buttons though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @peanutmuse I love the nursing cover/ scarf! Also the receiving blankets are adorable. All of your work is very nice! Your very crafty! I also like your room theme!
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    @peanutmuse, I think I'm becoming obsessed with how cute your neckwarmers are so I had to go and favorite your Etsy shop.  Your watercolors are beautiful too!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    @jwp325 -- thank you! I'll be adding more neck warmers there soon. I just need to figure out for sure which ones I'm giving as gifts. I've made 17 total.

The art was actually done by my SIL, though. :)
  • Options
    @MarBee1214, I'm sending it to you right now. I do commissioned work too -- like if you want to pick a color, button style, etc. I will be adding more soon.
  • Options
    I just want to say that now that I've had my last craft show of the season, I'm excited to finally get started on some things for the nursery! Everyone's projects look so great!
    Charlotte Lynne ~ Jan. 23, 2014

• Options
    @Marbee1214, I think it's in @peanutmuse's siggy.  That's how I found it.  Peanut, I may be ordering one soon.  It's chilly in Chicago!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    @peanutmuse can you send it to me as well. I've been getting sales like mad this weekend, and I'm itching to spend some $$ on myself.
    Charlotte Lynne ~ Jan. 23, 2014

• Options
    @charmingthemoon -- I used a knit jersey material.
  • Options
    @shannahbee -- I love that hat. Do you have a pattern you use?
  • Options
    I'm  working on a wrap for myself, I'll post pictures when it's done :) I haven't completed any new things since the last time I posted pictures.
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Options
    @peanutmuse Yes, it's a free pattern on ravelry (it's actually a trio of three hats, I've knit two and they've turned out great!):
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/trio-of-baby-hats
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've been knitting the same crib blanket feels like since I was in utero. And f@$& me, I'm still only 1/3 of the way there. Knitting for me is how moms of more than one kid describe birth - you get amnesia about how hard it is and convince yourself it's a good idea to do again.

@tarajeannette - I have this poncho I started knitting about two years ago... It's maybe halfway done. And it's gorgeous, the pattern is from Vogue Knitting, I'd love to be able to wear it... But for some reason it just sits in my bin of unfinished projects! And I doubt I'll have the time to finish it anytime soon! Haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @peanutmuse I'm so jealous of your craftiness! Everything you made looks so wonderful!
  • Options
    bethughkneebethughknee member
    edited December 2013
    I finished the stuff I made for the Elfster exchange (FINALLY!) and also made a hat for a friend's kid. I just started a coming home hat for Lo and now with the full moon and all the L&D announcements I'm terrified I'm going to go into labor tonight before I can finish it. GAH. I don't have pictures right now sorry I am boring. :(

ETA: spelling

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options
    I can finally post here! :) 

I love seeing what you talented crafty ladies have been making! I've had a long list of want-to-do's but haven't had much to show for it except materials purchased so I felt silly posting before now, haha. 

I made 2 Boppy slipcovers and matching pacifier clips/toy tethers for DH's pregnant cousin and DH's friend's wife that has a 1 month old.

This is made of clippings from our Christmas tree and hanging on our front door. So easy, but I love it!

This is a dresser DH grew up with (his parents used it in his nursery as a changing table). His parents brought it down this summer and it certainly showed its wear from the years. We stripped it down and made it to match our crib. The process was not difficult at all, just took us forever to actually complete it. I even antique-glazed it which was SO EASY and looks amazing, if I may say so. :) Here's the before and after:

This week: curtains and crib skirt for the nursery!

• Options
    I really hate that for some reason I can only see about 50% of the photos people post!  But I love seeing everyone's projects!

I made a few burp cloths for myself this weekend so I could toss some of the ones I used for DS that I didn't like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"