Baby Showers
Options

fb gem

This was posted today on a friends wall: 

My Baby shower is on Sunday, December 22st at 2pm, Let me know if you want to come since we haven't really received many RSVPs. Message me or comment if you want to come, and I will send you the address. Thanks! :)

tacky??
Married 10/09/11
Miss Claire born 5/29/13
Our Happy Little Family

Re: fb gem

• Options
    sorry, I meant Tacky!! lol 
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family

• Options

Tacky for sure. But I find myself wondering if she's asking because she wants random people to show up to eat all the food they ordered and bring more gifts or if she's trying to shame the non-repsonders into doing so.

Could be both of course.

I also love the "if you want to come..." line. I don't really want to go to any baby shower. I'd much rather just hang out with my friend and her baby once it's here. Showers are pretty universally awful for the guests. We do it show support, not because they're the best possible way to spend our Saturday afternoon.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes that is tacky!

And they fail at numbers--22st? I think its 22nd ;)

lol reminds of a joke on the soup last week
  • Options
    LOL. OP, did anyone actually reply?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, some people replied, but they were originally invited, and just told her that they couldn't wait for it. 

another side eye was the names she was thinking about. They are so horrible. I have to find the posts about it, but i'm pretty sure she wanted her boy to be called Herkylyes (hercules) and if it was a girl, Dystinee (destiny). I almost puked when I heard it. She specifically said she wanted those spellings because they were unique. gag me. 

Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family

• Options
    Why are you even fb "friends" with this person?
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    raw1299 said:
    Yes, some people replied, but they were originally invited, and just told her that they couldn't wait for it. 

another side eye was the names she was thinking about. They are so horrible. I have to find the posts about it, but i'm pretty sure she wanted her boy to be called Herkylyes (hercules) and if it was a girl, Dystinee (destiny). I almost puked when I heard it. She specifically said she wanted those spellings because they were unique. gag me. 

Now you are just lying on that poor girl....please tell me you are lying on that poor girl. Then again, you cannot make this stuff up.
    No, i'm not making this up. And yea, i'm considering on taking her off my friends, considering she hasn't talked to me in over 6 months. 
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family

• Options
    My BIL's gf did this, and I thought it was super tacky. Then again, she also had FOUR separate registry cards included in her invite.  I can see adding one, but four?! 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    raw1299 said:
    raw1299 said:

Now you are just lying on that poor girl....please tell me you are lying on that poor girl. Then again, you cannot make this stuff up.
    No, i'm not making this up. And yea, i'm considering on taking her off my friends, considering she hasn't talked to me in over 6 months. 

Oh dear. I really wish that you had made that up. Those names are beyond awful. @-)
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Haha, yes! Super tacky!  I had someone do the same thing last month on my wall!  Post something along the line of, "My shower has a date! Date, time, location. Message me if you want an invite I'd love to see you all there!"  Ugh, gag me.  Seriously, how do people think this type of stuff is okay?
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"