October 2013 Moms
Options

Swaddling poll

MtnChickaDMtnChickaD member
edited December 2013 in October 2013 Moms
I am thinking about trying swaddling during the day to help LO go down for naps. I am curious how you all use swaddling.

Ps- I am talking about full baby burrito swaddling.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Swaddling poll 212 votes

We swaddle at night and for naps.
13% 28 votes
We only swaddle at night.
47% 101 votes
We only swaddle for naps.
0% 2 votes
We never swaddle.
31% 66 votes
SS
2% 6 votes
Lemme see the results.
4% 9 votes

Re: Swaddling poll

• Options
    So far only at night, but I've been thinking of swaddling for a nap in the crib too because I really want her to be able to fall asleep on her own without tears.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    I swaddle for all sleep. Unless he's on me
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We swaddle at night and during the day I tuck a blanket around him in his swing. It seems to help signal nap time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DSC_0552-2  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We only swaddle at night, though I've done it a couple times during the day if she's really upset & I can't calm her.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He'll only sleep really well swaddled. Day and night.  

• Options
    I don't swaddle at all, it just seems to piss him off....
  • Options
    RedZee said:

So far only at night, but I've been thinking of swaddling for a nap in the crib too because I really want her to be able to fall asleep on her own without tears.

My thoughts exactly. He goes down like a dream at night when he is swaddled but naps have become a major battle. He will not sleep if left to his own devices. No sleep= no fun and lots of tears for everyone involved.

• Options
    We never swaddle.  DS screams bloody murder every time we try, since about 2 days old.
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
  • Options
    we only swaddle his lower half at night. He likes sleeping with his arms above his head.
  • Options
    azieber said:

We only swaddle at night and just let her do her thing during the day. When she does nap I'll tuck a blanket around her but will not actually swaddle her.

This exactly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We haven't swaddled since week 3...at night he sleeps fine in just a sleeper or sleep sack and during the day I just tuck a blanket around him.

• Options
    We only swaddle when she is really fighting sleep. Then I only do it while I hold her till she falls asleep. Once she is good and sleeping I let her arms out. If I don't she will get pissed and wake up. This works 95% of the time.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Options
    We only do the tight burrito swaddle at night, but sometimes I'll do a loose swaddle for naps. We really only consistently swaddle at night.
    TTC since August 2011
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    IUI #1: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 11/3/12 - BFN
    IUI #2: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 12/5/12 - BFN
    IUI #3: Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 9 & 11) + Ovidrel (CD 13) + IUI: 1/10/13 - BFP! EDD 10/3/13
    **P/SAIF welcome!**
  • Options
    We swaddle at night and for her long afternoon nap. She takes about 2 naps or more in the K'tan
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Ss: we swaddle when we remember or are not too lazy. We don't notice a big difference.

• Options
    We only swaddle at night, though I've done it a couple times during the day if she's really upset & I can't calm her.
    This exactly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Swaddle nap trial #1: success!

• Options
    She hasn't been swaddled since she was about five or six days old.
  • Options
    LO has to be swaddled to sleep at night. We will bust out the swaddle during the day if she's really fussy, but usually she's cuddled up in a tight blanket in her bouncer or sleeping on us. She does need some kind of pressure around her upper body though otherwise she wakes up when she randomly flails her arms.
  • Options
    We swaddle at night only. I wanted LO to associate it with night time sleeping...not sure if it helped but he is a great sleeper
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    Tight burrito swaddling at night and for naps over here. She is turning into a champion sleeper just like mom and dad were!
  • Options
    The swaddle doesn't help her fall asleep as she fights it, but she's so noisy, grunting in her sleep without it.
  • Options
    She liked swaddling at first, but now she throws fits!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I only swaddle at night, I want to establish a difference between day and night sleep. It is working pretty well for us, she'll sleep a nice ling stretch (4-5 hours) in the swaddle at night.
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    @slh6363 and @blathnat
    The whole day/night thing is what made me hesitant but LO is going 6-8 hours at night now so hopefully he already has his day/night schedule set. Plus if I can get him good naps during the day our nights are SO much better.

• Options

I should swaddle for naps, but I don't and she wakes up within minutes of putting her down, so I have to start over a lot or let her sleep on me.
    #goawaymoro

That is exactly what has been going on here for a few weeks and it sucks.

• Options
    We dont swaddle at all DS hates it. Luckily hes a good sleeper!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We don't swaddle anymore because he always came out of it. He's been sleeping fine without
  • Options
    We swaddle sometimes, usually for naps. At night we bedshare so she doesn't usually need to be swaddled. She'll usually nap longer when swaddled but I'm lazy and if she's already sleepy, sometimes it just pissed her off to get her all wrapped up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"