High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Sunday bedrest checkin

Good morning ladies!

How did everyone sleep?

Milestones, appts, updates?

QOTD: WIll you miss being pregnant? If so why?
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: Sunday bedrest checkin

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Slept in this morning which was nice.  Tomorrow I will see my MFM and hopefully she will let me go home for a bit.  Fingers crossed!

QOTD: I really have never been someone who enjoys pregnancy.  I will miss her movements, but that's it. 
  • Options
    Congrats on the great milestones, @Roses and @Dollymarie
    @Morgandegan-So close to being in the warmth of your own home!  :)

I slept great.  Woke up and started getting a migraine while I was brushing my teeth.  I didn't want to take anything for it so I tried sleeping it off and actually made it to 10:30.  That's a record for me!

This is kind of a tough question.  I actually love being pregnant but this time around it has been so stressful.  I only now feel like I can enjoy it.  My favorite part would have to be feeling my little guy kick and roll around in my tummy.  I know that he is safe and snug, wrapped in my love; much better than a sterile isolette with a bunch of wires stuck to him.  I am cherishing it while I have it.  We believe this will be our last one.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mrssturm45 omg congratulations. He is So cute! I love that hair!

• Options
    @maitaibeth - My situation was a little different because I have a singleton and less pressure on my cervix. To answer your question off the bat, I would totally shower today, just make it quick. Do you have a seat in your shower or can you get a shower chair just to make things a little easier. For me personally when I was first placed on bed rest I showered every other day. After I few weeks I switched to every day, but I wash my hair every other to every two days depending. I am on progesterone suppositories and they just make me feel so gross so I feel like I need to wash down there, otherwise I can't tolerate it. The days I don't wash my hair its a super quick shower. I only shave once a week, right before my appt. I am sure some others may be a little different. 

So if I were you shower today and then, talk to your doctor about it the next time you see him or her and see what they say. I you found out how strict they want you on bed rest? 

• Options
    Yeah for all good milestones. @mrsstrum congrats hes sooooo cute! @maitai i agree with rose on the shower schedule. Even when i was on hospitsl bedrest, they had no problems with me taking a shower...but i also have a ledge to sit on in my shower so that helps. We also have one of those granny walkers with the seat that wheels around. We had it before when my husband tore his achilles to help him get around. I found sitting in that helpful if i needed to accomplish hair stuff, like blowdrying flat ironing etc.
  • Options
    @mrssturm-Congratulations!!  Logan is perfect, so happy for you!  Enjoy your time together :-)
  • Options
    Mrsstrum: congrats on your little boy.. Enjoy every moment. Smooth and quick recovery...

Old bed rester here, checking in on my girls.. Keep em cooking girlies. I am always lurking. :-)
  • Options
    21 weeks and after 7 weeks on bed rest I'm finally getting back to work tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations @cmk13! Bleed all gone?

• Options
    It's still there but it's not actively bleeding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"