Nurseries and Baby Gear

Anyone have City Versa?

I have a City Mini and love it a lot. A few things I'd change (2011 model), the basket on the bottom is not as user friendly as new models. The set doesn't sit totally up-right and leans back slightly. But I still love it none-the-less.

Caught a City Versa on Amazon the other day for $277. I like that LO can be facing me or out. Thought about putting the board on the back for dd to ride along if needed.

Anyone have a City Versa? I plan to sell the CM if I keep the Versa.

Thanks
IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone have City Versa?

• The Versa is awesome.  I don't have it, but I played around with it at Buy Buy Baby.  It is a cross between the City Mini and the Select.  It folds flat with the seat attached which is awesome and the option to have baby facing out and in is great too.
    $277 is an awesome price!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • @LittleApple thank you so much for the info. I'm meaning to get over to BBB soon so I can try it out. I couldn't pass up that deal on Amazon. PS. Your kids are gorg!

@ebie79 I'm running to Amazon now!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• Loading the player...
  • @ebie79, you are right. The red one is only $279 and then a $40 gift card. That is incredibly cheap. I could save $40 by switching to red, but I really want the black! Which did you pick?
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• ebie79 said:
    BBColt78 said:
    @ebie79, you are right. The red one is only $279 and then a $40 gift card. That is incredibly cheap. I could save $40 by switching to red, but I really want the black! Which did you pick?
    I went with red. I thought dirt would show more on the black fabric. I Googled stroller colors and it seemed like I found a lot of reviews/posts that said they either had or knew people with red strollers and they still looked sharp after quite a bit of use. Plus, I thought the black material might get hotter in the summer. The red was a good compromise between too light and too dark.
    I have the CM in black and actually have had no issues on hotness in the summer or showing  spots. The only thing that I learned is not to put sunscreen on LO when she is in the stroller. That leaves a mark, but it washes great!

Glad you got a great steal. I thought I did well at like $277!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• I got a Versa in black about a month ago and love it.  I've had MANY strollers and this one does about everything I need very well.  The fold is easy for me now and it just took a little practice.  I love the basket, parent facing seat, 4 wheels and the fact that I can add the Uppababy rumble seat to make it a double.  You aren't really supposed to do that, but it works and it's perfect for my needs.  There are so really good deals right now too! 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Whoa, @ebp913 Tell me about your second seat secret!!! How does it work?

And I'm thinking that I don't really need two seats as DD will be 3 1/4 (sorry that's weird) when this LO is born. I was thinking the glider board. Any thoughts?
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• BBColt78 said:
    Whoa, @ebp913 Tell me about your second seat secret!!! How does it work?

And I'm thinking that I don't really need two seats as DD will be 3 1/4 (sorry that's weird) when this LO is born. I was thinking the glider board. Any thoughts?
    Someone I know figured out the the Uppababy Rumble Seat fits right on the Versa right around where the basket connects to the frame.  I have been using it for about a month now and it's awesome when I need a double.  You just slide it on.  

As for a glider board, I would look at the Valco Hitchhiker.  It's a great and easy to use board and it sits up higher than the BJ one so you are less likely to kick it while walking.  I have that too and I like it a lot.  
    image   image
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • There is a picture of the Versa with the rumble seat on the strollerqueen swap page.  It looks like a mini city select!

Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • There is a picture of the Versa with the rumble seat on the strollerqueen swap page.  It looks like a mini city select!

I'm intrigued... Can you link to the picture?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here is a pic of my son in the Versa seat with the rumble seat attached.  Not a great pic but you get the idea. 
    image   image
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    edited December 2013
    nm
    image   image
  • AKB090609 said:
    There is a picture of the Versa with the rumble seat on the strollerqueen swap page.  It looks like a mini city select!

I would, BUT that would mean stealing the pic because it is a closed FB group and I am not going to do that.  Join the group to see it!
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • ebp913 said:
    Here is a pic of my son in the Versa seat with the rumble seat attached.  Not a great pic but you get the idea. 
    Thanks, seems a lot like the vista. Less expensive I assume?
  • AKB090609 said:
    There is a picture of the Versa with the rumble seat on the strollerqueen swap page.  It looks like a mini city select!

I would, BUT that would mean stealing the pic because it is a closed FB group and I am not going to do that.  Join the group to see it!
    Well that explains why I couldn't find it with an image search. Thanks for the info.
  • AKB090609 said:
    AKB090609 said:

Well that explains why I couldn't find it with an image search. Thanks for the info.
    Yeah.  I looked and looked on Google Image with no avail.  Sorry!

Defiantly a smaller footprint than the Vista.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"