Natural Birth

Intro & Hypnobirthing question

Hello! I'm a FTM and am 9w1d today. I'm very interested in Hypnobirthing and have been lurking on this board for a couple weeks now :).

I have been reading the Hypnobirthing book from the library, but have realized from the website that Indiana is not on the list for available classes. Can I learn/teach myself from the book and CD? I can buy the book and CD from Amazon since the library doesn't have it.

Any advice would be helpful, I really want to prepare my mind and build myself up to know I can do this naturally. Thank you!!
Pregnancy Ticker 31 GIFs That Perfectly Express Your Feelings About Food 

Re: Intro & Hypnobirthing question

• Welcome!  It's really not intended to be a self-study course.  I know my experiences would not have been as positive had I just read the book and listened to the CD.

Check out Hypnobabies, they are not the same but similar concept and that is a self-study course.
  • I just purchased the hypnobabies course, it came in the mail yesterday. I am 32 weeks pregnant and you are supposed to start it around that time. So far I really like it. I listened to a track while going to bed and I honestly had the best sleep Ive had since I've been pregnant. If you are looking to do it on your own definitely look into Hypnobabies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would love to commit to hypnobabies, but the price tag is very high!
  • sometimes you can find hypnobabies on ebay for less. It is pricey but well worth it. It's really not any more pricey than most programs/classes ....... oh, and welcome!

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2013

I would love to commit to hypnobabies, but the price tag is very high!

You could buy it on ebay and then sell it back for the same price after birth. Just a suggestion! :)

ETA where I'm from, bradley and hypnobabies in-person classes are $375-400 so I think $125ish used on ebay is a steal, in comparison.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Good idea to look on eBay and definitely makes sense when you compare to classes. Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"