TTC After a Loss

I could just cry

I apologize, I have a feeling this will be long.

On vacation, back in November, I knocked a stone loose in my e-ring.  Well, I took it back to the jeweler and they had it for a month and didn't fix it.  They couldn't see anything wrong with it.  I was so pissed that I started taking it to other jewelers around town.

I have called everyone and taken it in to dozens of places.  Nobody can or will work on it.  It's too difficult a setting.  So, I am back to square one.  At this point, I may have to try and track down the manufacturer, but I doubt that's going to happen.

I am just so sad.  I probably won't be able to wear it ever again, and I can't afford to buy a new center stone to replace it.

I know, there are worse things in life, but I am bummed I can't wear my ring.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog

Re: I could just cry

• Hugs.  I'm so sorry.  I would be devastated.  Is there anyone you can ship it off to?  Where did DH get it?  They should stand behind it and fix it for you.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Oh no, that sucks. Can you take the loose stone and have it set in a simple ring?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, that sucks.  I would be pissed.  I'm sure you will figure out a way to get it fixed.  Just keep looking into it.
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • imageTheEnglishgirl:
    Oh no, that sucks. Can you take the loose stone and have it set in a simple ring?

That's the problem.  It's not just one stone, it's four.  That's why nobody will work on it.  The setting takes special equipment.  I can replace it with one stone, but I don't have that kind of money laying around.

• Are the stones all the same size?

Could you use one for a ring and get the others set into earrings and a pendent??

• They are all the same size, but they are funny shaped.  They wouldn't work as a center stone unless they were all together.  They are almost diamond shaped.

• I'm sorry...

Maybe just set one and then when you have baby girls and they are old enough you can set one in a ring for them!!!?

• Oh man. I am sorry. I can't imagine not being able to wear mine. Don't give up though, a jewelry master is out there somewhere waiting to fix it right up! Good luck!
  • I'm sorry, that stinks.  Have you tried looking for a jeweler that would work on it on the internet?  Was your ring insured and if so would the insurance company help locate somebody/cover it if you shipped it out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"