Eco-Friendly Family

Organic Formula

By LO will be 10 weeks tomorrow & for a few reasons, which I prefer not to get in to, I may not be able to cont with breastmilk. Looking for recommendations for organic formula. Thank you!

Re: Organic Formula

• I would choose donor milk over formula.  Have you looked at your local Human Milk 4 Human Babies board or Eats on Feets board?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have started to have to supplement a little as my supply is going down. We buy Earth's Best Organic. Wish I didn't have to, but we have had no issues with that formula. I bought the sensitive kind because I believe the ingredients are better. Best wishes.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Holle Organic formula. It is from Switzerland and doesn't have all of the crap in it that formulas have here- even organic. I used to use Earth's Best, but after doing research decided I needed to look elsewhere for an alternative. I have it shipped from overseas (which seems extreme, I know), but it is my baby's health after all. Anyway, I always order a little extra because if it runs out I'm up a creek, so if you want to try a box from me let me know. It only takes a couple of days to ship. Send me a msg if you'd like details!

• Doesn't the Holle have maledextrin too? I thought I thoroughly researched our choice, but I keep discovering other things too... so frustrating!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes, from organic farming for whatever that's worth. At least we know it's made from real food, not some nasty chemicals. With formula, especially in the United States, you unfortunately have to pick and choose your battles. I was not able to breastfeed long term, which I was very unhappy about. This was the best alternative I could find. 
  • Yeah that does seem like the best alternative. I don't think we could afford the price though. Such a shame consumers here don't have a better option. :(
  • I agree. It is a shame. Yes, it is expensive, but no more expensive than what I was paying for Earth's Best. I have sold to friends in the past for $28. But yes, if someone is paying $15/can for regular formula, it can add up. It's all relative, I suppose. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"