High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Gd. Pot luck ideas

Hi ladies! I was just diagnosed with gd yesterday and of course I received an email today that we are having a pot luck next week at work. I'm assuming there will be tons of Xmas goodies so I want to bring something I can also enjoy without having bad readings :) anyone have some good gd recipes I could steal?

Re: Gd. Pot luck ideas

• Options
    Maybe a layered salad, broccoli salad, buffalo chicken dip. Parties are hard. You mostly just have to practice moderation. Not too much chips, breads, cookies..all the good stuff...lol...
  • Options
    Deviled eggs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cheese plate, mashed cauliflower (instead of potatoes), veggies with ranch dressing/dip of some sort, sauteed veggies, nut platter kinda thing. Any ideas of what other people are bringing? Then you could fill in some gaps.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Anything high protein low carb is fine. You can use Atkins or south beach diet recipes
  • Options
    Honestly I skip the potlucks at work with GD.  It's just way too much temptation and potlucks often consists of slow cooker dishes and casseroles that contain a mix of carbs/protein/fat so it's really hard to stick to what you should.  There are only two days I really plan to cheat, and even then I will try my hardest to stay on track and that's christmas day and my shower. 

I guess if your work rarely has potlucks you could try it, but we have them all the time and it's just not worth it to me.  GD is a temporary thing, so I don't feel good about multiple days of eating badly.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I second deviled eggs and cheese plate. Yum! And nuts!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"