C-sections
Options

Scheduled C at 34 weeks? uterine window?

back story: had my first C in 2008, 2nd in 2010, 3rd in 2011.  During my 2nd C a uterine window was found, no big deal.  During my 3rd pregnancy that window herniated so I had to deliver at 37 weeks.  I thought this one would be the same, deliver early at 37 weeks but my doc said I will most likely deliver at 34 weeks.  That just seems so early, right?  Obviously, we are doing everything we can to push that back to at least 35 or 36 weeks. 

So my question, has anyone else had a uterine window?  Has anyone had to schedule a C at 34 weeks?

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Scheduled C at 34 weeks? uterine window?

• Options
    Yikes.  No experience but 34 weeks does sound early!  Will they give you steroid shots or anything to develop baby's lungs?  

• Options
    They discovered a window during my 3rd c section. I was told I should not have any more children. I agree that 34 weeks is super early but the alternative of risking a rupture outweighs it. I would keep discussing with your OB to see what you can do to push it back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had my second c-section at 37 weeks and 4 days due to pre-term labor (1st one was at 38 weeks 5 days).  It turns out that I also developed a uterine window during this pregnancy that the doctor didn't know I had developed.  Just say that if I would have delivered naturally it would have tore.  Make sure you do any and everything to try to keep baby in there and also ask for the celestone injections to mature the babies lungs in case of early delivery (but the shots are only good for 1-2 weeks).  Just say that the factory is now closed.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the steriod shots with my 3rd as well around 32 weeks.  I assume we will be doing to the same.  @ EmR22, my ob never mentioned that I shouldn't have anymore children, in fact during my 3rd C he said he didn't see any reason why I couldn't have one more baby.  I waited much longer in between pregnancies this time so I'm hoping this will help out.
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Can you ask your Ob if they can put you on hospital bed rest and try to push it as long as possible? 34 weeks is so early. however, I was born at 32w, spent 1month in the NICU and I still turned out perfectly fine, no delays whatsoever.
  • Options
    I just had my second c/s and a window was discovered. I was told no more kids which we already had decided. All she said was its good they delivered early (36 weeks) or I would have had a bad outcome. 34 weeks is early, but I don't think I would risk going later if your OB thinks its best

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"