Pregnant after IF
Options

dandruff??? ew!

Has anyone else experience pregnancy-induced dandruff???  Never in my life have I had a dry scalp, and I still wouldn't call my scalp dry, I have very oily hair that needs to be washed everyday or put up on days that I don't wash it.  Anyway....today I was in the bathroom at work and noticed stuff in my hair, and upon closer examination it looks like dandruff!  GROSS!  My hair itself is super thick and luscious and long right now, but....dandruff!  It's got to be hormone related because I've never had it before, so there's really no other explanation.  If you've experienced this, do you have any products/shampoos that you can recommend to make it go the heck away?  uuuugh!  I'm grossed out by myself! lol
Me 31 ~ DH 30
IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
<3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
DX - PCOS 2004
FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15

Re: dandruff??? ew!

• Options
    I haven't had dandruff, but I've had the most ridiculously itchy scalp since about two days before I got my bfp! It is awful! I was worried I had somehow gotten lice or something (I haven't!). I am constantly clawing at my scalp and its embarrassing. Have you tried T-Gel by Neutrogena? I think it's about the best stuff you can get for dandruff without a prescription. I've been using it for the itchiness and it was recommended by my dermatologist. Good luck!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Tea tree shampoo by Paul Mitchell is the number 1 salon shampoo for dry itchy scalp or dandruff. Head and shoulders is very harsh and can make your hair course and i personally hate the smell.

Eta: spelling
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have also encountered this :( I have started using the "poo free" remedies: I mix up a paste of baking soda and water and used that to exfoliate my scalp, then I rinse with water. It's helped keep the dandruff away.. I've read on some blogs that PCOS can cause oily hair and scalp and "poo free" is one way to remedy that.
  • Options
    I haven't had dandruff but very itchy scalp and my hair has gotten so thick. Ive broken two brushes this PG. Hope it gets better for ya.
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • Options
    Careful with some dandruff shampoos.  Some contain salicylic acid, which are not good for our LOs.  Other than majorly conditioning, don't know what to tell you.  I've been getting dry, itchy skin all over my body - talk about TMI - my nipples are peeling.  Ewwww.  Maybe now your dandruff won't seem so bad, LOL.  ;)
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I'm going to try some of these things.  I bought both the t-gel and Paul Mitchell stuff...we'll see what works!

RE the salicylic acid, I do look out for it, but as long as it's not a gel or a cream that you're leaving on your skin it's still OK to cleanse with it since you're rinsing it off (or out of your hair) right away, there's no way for it to get to your blood stream.  My doc even told me that I could use facial hair bleach (for my lovely IF sideburns) and it would be totally fine even sitting on my skin for 10 mins.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
  • Options
    Thanks girls!  I've been using the Paul Mitchel Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner.  So far it seems to be working, but I haven't gone a day since last week without washing my hair.  I think a no-wash day will give me the real story because that's when I really notice it the most.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"