Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

9 months formula intake

Hey Ladies,
DD is "officially" 9 months tomorrow but close enough, right? Anyways, since her growth spurt last week, she has really really decreased her formula intake.  She used to take anywhere from 24-26 oz in a day, but since this weekend she's decreased that to about 18-20 oz.  Is this normal? She gets 3 meals a day after her bottles and is eating ALOT.  

I'm wondering if I should start offering her a sippy cup and see if that helps?  Maybe offer her a bottle, then during her meals offer her a sippy cup with her food. Her food intake looks like this (this is from yesterday)
8 am-6 oz bottle
Breakfast-2 egg yolks with half a oz of cheese in it. she ate about 85% of it
12 pm-4 oz bottle
Lunch-2 oz of chicken with some broccoli and some puffs. She ate most of it
430 pm-4 oz bottle
Dinner-2 egg yolks and half a mandarin orange. She ate all the egg yolk, and half of the orange I cut up.
715 pm-7 oz bottle

Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this. I do plan on asking the pediatrician tomorrow just to double check...

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)

Re: 9 months formula intake

• Options
    im sure its fine, it sounds like shes still eating a good amt. DD is 10  mos old today actually. He takes around 28 oz a day + 3 meals + 1 or 2 snacks (which are usually just like puffs or blueberries). Hes big tho at 9mos he was 23 lbs and 30 in. You could ask your pedi but i am sure its fine. Is she sleeping fine? Maybe try introducing more solids.
  • Options
    At 9 mos my daughter was down to 2-3 6-8oz bottles per day. At our 9 mo appointment, the pedi just said to keep her bottles at 8oz. Her solids intake was similar to yours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    djm31012 said:
    im sure its fine, it sounds like shes still eating a good amt. DD is 10  mos old today actually. He takes around 28 oz a day + 3 meals + 1 or 2 snacks (which are usually just like puffs or blueberries). Hes big tho at 9mos he was 23 lbs and 30 in. You could ask your pedi but i am sure its fine. Is she sleeping fine? Maybe try introducing more solids.
    Still sleeps like a dream....usually 1 big nap (1.5-2 hours long) and one shorter nap (1 hour) and sleeps usually 11-12 hours a night with no wake ups. 

She only took 6 oz today and didn't seem super interested in her food...i guess i'll be more worried if it goes on until this weekend. She's done this before after big growth spurts-2-3 days of more eating, then like 5 days of eating less. so we'll see
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    so, just an update-the pediatrician said based on her weight gain (she actually jumped up a few percentiles) and her overall development, so let her continue this way and actually start paving the way for decreasing formula and increasing solids. So yesterday her intake look liked

730-4 oz bottle
    830-2 egg yolks and some cheese
    1200-4 oz bottle
    130-some broccoli, 2 tbsp rice and 2 oz chicken
    345-6 oz bottle
    430-some yogurt and applesauce
    530-1/2 grilled cheese sandwich with 2 oz chicken
    730-7 oz bottle

so she's getting a pretty good amount of food in there...down about 5-6 oz overall but her food consumption is more calorically than that

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"