Northern California Babies
Options

Update on me

So yesterday, I had an OB appt.  Nothing really had changed since last week, in fact, the baby was up even higher.  I'm still dialated 1 cm.  My OB had considered stripping my membranes to help with contractions, because basically that is all my body needs now to get the show on the road.  She couldn't because he was up so high - higher than last week.

She did an impromtu U/S to make sure the water levels weren't too low.  She said they looked ok right now, but didn't want me to go too much longer.  My cervix is softened and ready, basically we just need the contractions to start to make the baby drop.  She said that we could either induce this week, or wait another week, have a check up on Monday and see how it looks.  

I talked with my mom and getting some family history, I found out her body had a difficult time starting contractions, so who knows if that is related somehow.   But DH and I talked about it, and it looks like unless our little stubborn baby makes an appearance before this weekend, we are going to be induced.  We don't want anything to happen to the baby or something else where it might mean an emergency c section.

So right now, unless he appears on his own within the next few days, I'm scheduled to go to the hospital on Saturday afternoon to be induced.  My OB said to go on lots of walks to try to see if we could get the baby to do something on his own. So I'm trying the natural inducers like spicy foods and long walks to try to get the baby to do something on his own, though he seems rather content in there.

So that is what is going on with me.  I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision, but I definitely don't want to put the baby in any harm.  Eek!! That means Aaron is going to be here in a few days!  I'm excited but nervous at the same time. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Update on me

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"