Washington Babies
Options

1st Internal!!!

I'm really having a baby soon!  We had our first internal today!

I'm 67 - 70% effaced and 1 cm dialated.  I know that's not very far dialated, but I'm hoping I progress a lot over the next week or two so that my acutal delivery is short!

I must admit, I'm pretty pooped these days - I think this is the first post I've made since I've been off work.  It's too easy just to hang out and snooze :D

Re: 1st Internal!!!

• Options

I know exactly what you mean! I keep thinking....oh my gosh it's really happening. You're that much closer!

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options

my doctor never did those so I never knew progress. granted both my babies were early. One at exactally 37 weeks and the other at 38.

Good luck and OMG I cant believe you are about to have a baby!

Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• Loading the player...
  • Options

YAY!  you are getting so close!  I was so excited when I had progress too, which was about the same as yours. 

I am in absolute shock that we are REALLY going to be having these babies any day now Surprise

2 years 005 copy
    DD born 1/5/09.BFP-1/6/11 MC at 6 weeks
  • Options
    Hooray! Glad it went well and you are making progress.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options

I'm so jealous of you Idaho and Lynchie!

I had my first internal last Friday.  50% effaced and not dilated.  I've been walking like crazy.  0.5-2 miles a day.

I think the doctor knocked out my mucus plug and I had bloody show.  I was really hopeful for a few days...

• Options
    livy, if you don't mind my nosiness, are you dilated/effaced?
  • Options

imageapplecider:
    livy, if you don't mind my nosiness, are you dilated/effaced?

At my 38 week appt I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  No change at my 39 week appt though.

However, I *think* I lost a  piece of mucus plug today....

2 years 005 copy
    DD born 1/5/09.BFP-1/6/11 MC at 6 weeks
  • Options
    1cm is better than nothing! I was thinking I hadn't seen you around much.
  • Options
    Any progress is good progress! Just don't get your hopes up!  I didn't get an internal until 39 weeks and a few days (it hurt like hell) I wasn't even dilated or effaced.  I went into labor the very next day....LOL so sometimes it really means nothing!
  • Options
    Oh how exciting Heather!!  I was always much more effaced than dilated until I went into labor with P.  Make sure you have your bags packed!!  EEEK!
  • Options

Ahhh, that's so exciting!  Progress!  :)

-Deborah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"