Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Baby modeling?

raw1299raw1299 member
edited December 2013 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
I filled out a form a few weeks ago at a local modeling agency for my DD, and they got back to me and said they were interested, and to set up an audition. People constantly come up to her, and say how beautiful/pretty she is. I think she is too, but i'm biased since i'm her mommy. She really likes the camera, and is very calm and quiet around strangers and high stress situations, that's why I was considering it. 

Would you have your LO model? 

Here is a pic of DD, does she look like she could be a baby model? I'd like honest opinions

Married 10/09/11
Miss Claire born 5/29/13
Our Happy Little Family

Re: Baby modeling?

• Options
    She's adorable. Those cheeks are so cute. If the agency is accredited, I might consider it. I would put the money into savings for college.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, DS is a gerber baby but I'm not sure how I feel about things like that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Research the agency.  Also, you shouldn't be shelling out money (not saying you are) for anything.  If they want your LO to model for them they should be paying you.

And she's absolutely adorable!!

• Options
    Yea, I double checked and this agency is very reputable.
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family

• Options
    This site has good modeling info, in general and for specific markets.  Don't pay for anything!  No reputable agency will charge you hundreds++ for pics, a portfolio, or anything of that sort.

• Options

I would absolutely have my son model.  He's also good around lots of people and never cries in public. I would probably stop once he got to be school age or earlier though, because it would set him apart from his peers, and not necessarily in a good way. 

• Options
    Yeahhhhhh no. Not for us.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Make sure you check out the modeling agencies.  You should not be paying anything.

Personally, I would not have my kids model.  In my mind it is kind of a slippery slope into things that are more image/beauty based.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We decided to not do it- we'll wait until she can decide for herself. 
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family

• Options
    We entered dd in the gerber photo search.  This is as far as we would ever go with this.  I did it because of the grand prize so we could have money for her college.  Other then that I wouldn't do any kind of modeling or things like that.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It's probably changed a lot but I was chosen as one of the "new faces" for a certain well known baby company at six months old. They were legit and at the very last camera test the photographer sent his assistant over with a bottle of "milk and a little something to calm her down".

My parents refused but other parents accepted and didn't even ask what was in the bottle. This is why I wouldn't do it. Ever.
  • Options
    My friend is an agent for an agency here in Mpls - she actually asked me to get James involved,but DH isn't on board, unfortunately. Don't pay them anything and of course make sure you have a lawyer look over any paperwork for jobs that come your way!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:
    My friend is an agent for an agency here in Mpls - she actually asked me to get James involved,but DH isn't on board, unfortunately. Don't pay them anything and of course make sure you have a lawyer look over any paperwork for jobs that come your way!
    I should add -- if we did this, it would be to put in his savings account for HIM to use someday, preferrably for college or associated expenses. He did a catalogue shoot a few months ago for a friend of mine who owns a small apparel business, but did not get paid and it will go out to very few people.  Anyway-- like I said, DH isn't on board, so we opted out, but I'll sure be putting him in the Target baby catalogue when the time comes (it is all employee kids)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"