December 2011 Moms

We had the party after all (AW)

We decided to go ahead with the party for Colton on Saturday, even though he wasn't feeling his best. His fever had lowered dramatically by the morning, but was still hanging around the 100.3 before ibuprophen. We let everyone know what was going on & left it up to them if they wanted to still come by or not. Pretty much everyone still showed up.  It wasn't the super fun party I had planned for him & I ever skipped some of the decorations because he wanted lots of cuddles that morning, but it was a success overall. :)  By the end of the day, he had a little more energy & was even running around a bit. Come Sunday morning he was completely fever free. Still not sure what caused it, but we learned he was really constipated too. 1 dose of a suppository helped that out. You could tell a significant attitude change after a couple diaper changes. LOL

I still wonder if the fever was his molars. Last night I noticed that besides the lower right one that is breaking through & the lower left one that we thought looked puffy, he is for sure getting his upper left molar too!  His fever had reached 103 on Friday at one point, where I would think that is high for a teething fever, but with 3 teeth coming in, maybe it was. This guy never gets a minor fever.. it always jumps to 103 for anything.  He also always gets his teeth like this.. all at once practically!

I didn't get a lot of pics since I was on food & cuddle duty, but these are the few we got. When he decided he did want to open presents after all, we jumped at the chance before he changed his mind. :)  He didn't eat much, so didn't have any cake, but we saved a piece for his real birthday tomorrow. :)

My 2 December boys

Re: We had the party after all (AW)

• Aw! Happy Birthday to your DS. I'm glad he was feeling well enough to enjoy his party.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cute! Love all the construction stuff! I just ordered a shirt for DS that says I dig being 2 with his name under! How fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww cute! Glad he was feeling well enough for his party! Happy Birthday Colton!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Very cute pics, glad he was able to still enjoy his party at least somewhat :) The cake is cute too, I think we're doing a Minion despicable me theme, DS is obsessed with minions haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Very cute pics, glad he was able to still enjoy his party at least somewhat :) The cake is cute too, I think we're doing a Minion despicable me theme, DS is obsessed with minions haha
    Colton has never seen it, but he has one from a Happy Meal he had awhile back. He somehow decided to name it 'Huckle' as he heard from Richard Scarry's Busytown Mysteries. Now all Minions he sees are named "Huckle' & has to point out 'Huckle' everytime he sees one somewhere.  LOL I absolutely love seeing his imagination come out!

My 2 December boys

• Jen4033 said:
    Very cute pics, glad he was able to still enjoy his party at least somewhat :) The cake is cute too, I think we're doing a Minion despicable me theme, DS is obsessed with minions haha
    Colton has never seen it, but he has one from a Happy Meal he had awhile back. He somehow decided to name it 'Huckle' as he heard from Richard Scarry's Busytown Mysteries. Now all Minions he sees are named "Huckle' & has to point out 'Huckle' everytime he sees one somewhere.  LOL I absolutely love seeing his imagination come out!
    That's adorable! I wish DS would actually talk more, that's a whole different conversation :) He still mostly speaks in his crazy language.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• How cute! I love your cake! Hope he starts feeling better soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"