February 2012 Moms

TTC Check In (12/9)

Cycle Info

What month/cycles are you in?

What's your CD?

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?)

If you're in the 2ww what DPO are you?

When are you testing?

What supplements or med are you taking, if any?

What is your current phantom due date?

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently?

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC?

Anything else to add?

GTYK: Where are you at with your holiday shopping?  Done, partially done, haven't started yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage

Re: TTC Check In (12/9)

• Cycle Info

What month/cycles are you in? 3/2 AL (8/7 TTC #2)

What's your CD? 38

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?) 2ww

If you're in the 2ww what DPO are you? 8

When are you testing? I was planning on holding out until 14 dpo, but I might test on Friday (12 dpo).  We'll see.

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? prenatal gummies and folic acid

What is your current phantom due date? Aug. 24

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!   See below

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Might try OPK's next month after my super long cycle this month.  Not sure yet.

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Stressed, frustrated, anxious.... our timing has been perfect every month.  I just want to be pregnant!

Anything else to add?

@suitern- Yay for cross hairs!  Good luck this month- the 2ww is brutal.

@pinkshades- Sorry last month wasn't your month.  Fingers crossed that this is the month for you!

@ninthgirl- Yay for cross hairs!  Fingers crossed that your temps stay up and this is the month for you!  I'll be chart stalking you!

@MrMrsAndBaby- We are almost cycle buddies!  Fingers crossed that your temps stay up and you get your BFP soon!  Are you still planning on holding out with the testing?

GTYK: Where are you at with your holiday shopping?  Done, partially done, haven't started yet? Haven't started yet- eeeek!  I better get moving because I'm going to have to ship gifts too and I know the mailing deadline is coming up soon.

imageimageimage
  • I am on my phone so it won't let me properly reply-but...I think I am 4 dpo. I think my due date is August 28th maybe? I am not testing until AF is due or until I have to go in for blood work which I need to look when I need to do it. I also have to follow up either the dr. To see what we need to so differently. This is the last month we have to try until we are out for several because of DH traveling for two months. So let's hope either this month or next works! Good luck to everyone!

@ninthgirl I will be chart stalking you!

Good luck to everyone else as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • What month/cycles are you in? 4/4

What's your CD? 25

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?) 2WW

If you're in the 2ww what DPO are you? 9 DPO

When are you testing? I'm really going to try to hold out until Saturday morning. @vballgirl78 - I may cave and test on Friday if my temps go back up.

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? Just a PNV

What is your current phantom due date? August 23

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  You already have it!

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? I know it is counter-productive but next cycle I'm not temping.  It is too stressful to be me and temp because I overanalyze ever.single.temperature.  So next month will be for fun, then we take a few months off for life stuff timing.  Then back at it with temping.

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC?  Like vballgirl78 - we have had awesome timing the last three months so I'm getting frustrated.  And frustrated sex leads to not fun sex so not only am I frustrated, but I am not getting any relief (?) with sex!

Anything else to add?

@suitern - FX you don't have to sit out the next two months because DH is gone - I hope it is because the clomid worked and you get a BFP

@ninthgirl - "usually PCOS" is sort of strange.  When do you talk to the RE to get a plan?

@pinkshades - check in soon!  Thinking of you!

GTYK: Where are you at with your holiday shopping?  Done, partially done, haven't started yet?  DONE!  I'm usually finishing up about a week before Christmas but this year I just got lucky with finding stuff in advance!  YAY!  Now, work is crazy busy so hopefully I can enjoy being done shopping.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Cycle Info

What month/cycles are you in? 6/6

What's your CD? 6

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?) Waiting to O

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? PNV and Baby Aspirin

What is your current phantom due date? Mid-September

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  Check my siggy :)

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Not much. I feel I'm doing as much as I can without going insane.

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Like a roller coaster. I'm ready for that BFP so I can get off the ride!

Anything else to add? Wow, everyone is in their 2WW! Keep us updated :)

@vballgirl78--I hope you get your BFP on Friday!!

@ninthgirl--I hope all of that stuff you are taking works this month! Let us know what your RE says!

@suitern--I hope hope hope hope hope this is your month! Let us know how your doctor appt goes!

@MrMrsandBaby--Hoping for a BFP for you, too! We've had good timing, too, so I understand the frustration. Hopefully this month is it!

GTYK: Where are you at with your holiday shopping?  Done, partially done, haven't started yet? Partially done. I'm done shopping for kids; now it's just the adults! Which are the hardest.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Question for you ladies:

How often are you and your SO DTD?

What do you consider "good timing"? I consider "good timing" if we DTD the night before I ovulated.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pinkshades05 we did it every day during my fertile window this month. We were super lazy otherwise since we have family in town. Usually we try for every other day for a week or two Around my fertile window.

• @pinkshades05 - I consider good timing when FF tells me it is!  Generally if we hit at least 3 days from O-4 to O.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• What month/cycles are you in? 8/8

What's your CD? 32

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?) 2WW

If you're in the 2ww what DPO are you? 6

When are you testing? May try to hold out for AF but we'll see

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? PNV

What is your current phantom due date? Have not looked- August?

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!   Yes

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Possibly Clomid next month, or take a break for a while. So tired of the disappointment!

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Not hopeful :(

Anything else to add? Fingers crossed for all of you TTC ladies! Sorry I have not participated in the check in as often…things are so busy. Also, I am really trying to keep my mind off of TTC and not obsess about it.

GTYK: Where are you at with your holiday shopping?  Done, partially done, haven't started yet? Almost all done.

• Question for you ladies:

What do you consider "good timing"? I consider "good timing" if we DTD the night before I ovulated.
    We typically hit every day in the fertile window- O-4, O-3, O-2, O-1, O, and O+1.  This month was harder because I couldn't figure out when I was going to ovulate.  We DTD like 9 days in a row and I never ovulated.  When I finally did ovulate, our timing was good anyway, O-4, O-2, O-1, and O.  It can get exhausting, but we both REALLY want a baby.  Sometimes I wonder if we are DTD too much.... :\">

imageimageimage
  • ninthgirl said:
    Question for you ladies:

We typically hit every day in the fertile window- O-4, O-3, O-2, O-1, O, and O+1.  This month was harder because I couldn't figure out when I was going to ovulate.  We DTD like 9 days in a row and I never ovulated.  When I finally did ovulate, our timing was good anyway, O-4, O-2, O-1, and O.  It can get exhausting, but we both REALLY want a baby.  Sometimes I wonder if we are DTD too much.... :\">
    When I request 2 a days during my FW is when DH really starts complaining that I am wearing him out and pulls the "I'm older than you" card. Ha!
    Ha!  When we aren't TTC, DH is usually complaining that I'm not "in the mood" enough.  He rarely complains, but when he does, I remind him that when I'm pregnant, I'm usually not in the mood much, so he should enjoy it now while he can get it this much.  :)

imageimageimage
  • Cycle Info

What month/cycles are you in? 3/3

What's your CD? 6

Where are you in your cycle ? Waiting to O

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? PNV

What is your current phantom due date? Ha! No Clue

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  Just started...don't know how to share :)

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Just keep temping and hope that shows me when I should expect to O.  Had my Mirena removed at the beginning of October and my cycle has got shorter each month, so I think we may have been missing my FW. ?

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Hopeful! Just started temping yesterday, and got some OPKs.  Now as long as I can use them all correctly, maybe it will help!

Anything else to add? Thanks for inviting me to participate!  It's nice to have others to talk about it all with cause my husband just thinks "as long as we do it, we'll be fine" He doesn't get that it's not quite that simple

GTYK: Where are you at with your holiday shopping?  Done, partially done, haven't started yet? DONE! Got some super good deals around Black Friday, so everyone will think I spent so much on them, when really I didn't haha
  • bre_anna_101--YAY! I'm so glad you're here to participate with us :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • vballgirl78  I have been chart stalking you all week! It is looking good!!

• I hope so! These next few days are gonna be torture!

imageimageimage
  • I am planning on testing tomorrow as long as my temps are still up. I am hopeful, but I don't think I'm pregnant. I don't know why, but I just don't feel good about this month.

@MrMrsAndBaby- I saw your BFN yesterday. ((Hugs))

@suitern & ninthgirl- I'm stalking both of your charts too! Its time someone gets a BFP! Good luck!

imageimageimage
  • Thanks ladies...I'm more annoyed than anything.  This whole spotting for three-four days before AF officially arrives is making me angry.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Our first time "trying" :)

Where are you in your cycle ? Just got a positive O today!

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? Prenatal vitamin code brand, cod liver oil, calcium chews.

What is your current phantom due date: I think 9/2/14

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking. I peed on a ovulation predictor kit thing last few days.

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Keep aware of ovulation and keep trying. We'd love a sept/oct or nov baby :)

>How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Very chill and happy. We are ok waiting and getting her closer to three years old , but the holiday season we are emotional and though why not?

Anything else to add? Is it normal to want to be pregnant before a friend? LAst kid I had to hear her brag about her birth stuff so if rather go first. I know. Not mature...

Where are you at with your holiday shopping? Haven't started but we do gift certificates mod

Cycle Info

What month/cycles are you in?

What's your CD?

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?)

If you're in the 2ww what DPO are you?

When are you testing?

What supplements or med are you taking, if any?

What is your current phantom due date?

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently?

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC?

Anything else to add?

GTYK: Where are you at with your holiday shopping?  Done, partially done, haven't started yet?
  • Sorry, I can't figure out how to cut and paste questions on my phone. Basically we had sex a few days ago, two times / two days before I got a positive on smile-face o predictor thing. No sex on o day. Trying to sway for a girl. I'm not going to test until the 22nd or Xmas Eve :)
  • For those who chart with temperature and such, I wonder why one doesn't track period a few months, to get a sense of period cycle, try ovulation predictor kit to see when about ovulating, then for a few months have sex for like 2 weeks straight around peak ovulation time. Then you wouldn't have to do temperature, right?
  • Forgive me if ignorant. I think I'm assuming everyone has a regular cycle....

For those who chart with temperature and such, I wonder why one doesn't track period a few months, to get a sense of period cycle, try ovulation predictor kit to see when about ovulating, then for a few months have sex for like 2 weeks straight around peak ovulation time. Then you wouldn't have to do temperature, right?

• For those who chart with temperature and such, I wonder why one doesn't track period a few months, to get a sense of period cycle, try ovulation predictor kit to see when about ovulating, then for a few months have sex for like 2 weeks straight around peak ovulation time. Then you wouldn't have to do temperature, right?
    I am like ninthgirl... I really like all the information it provides and it is so quick to do that it really doesn't phase me.  I also was someone who used to have an incredibly regular schedule.  Since having my first baby and experiencing a loss, my cycle is totally different.  If I weren't charting, I'd have no idea when I was ovulating.  Last cycle I ovulated on day 20, this cycle day 30.  Before all that, I was ovulating regularly between day 15-17.  Without charting, I would be at a loss. 

imageimageimage
  • Sept07b2bSept07b2b member
    edited December 2013
    In addition to what PP said, having a regular cycle has absolutely nothing to do with ovulation.  There are many people who have "perfect" 28 day cycles but ovulate anywhere from day 10 to day 20 without it being all that abnormal.  Temping is the only way to know where in your cycle you are ovulating.  

Temping is also the only way to know if you aren't actually ovulating.  Some people have perfectly regular cycles but don't ovulate, and having that information is very valuable.  OPKs are notoriously unpredictable.  You can get false positives, or miss your surge, and even if you get a + OPK, it doesn't guarantee you will actually ovulate.  Temping really isn't harder than using OPKs.  

Finally, while I admire the fact that you can have sex for 2 weeks straight, you should recognize that not everyone can/wants to do that.  :)  I have two kids and a full time job.  While we're not currently TTC, even if we were, unfortunately, sex for 2 weeks straight just aint in the cards!  But you go girl! 
  • pinkshades05pinkshades05 member
    edited December 2013
    Forgive me if ignorant. I think I'm assuming everyone has a regular cycle....
    For those who chart with temperature and such, I wonder why one doesn't track period a few months, to get a sense of period cycle, try ovulation predictor kit to see when about ovulating, then for a few months have sex for like 2 weeks straight around peak ovulation time. Then you wouldn't have to do temperature, right?
    I've temped before Nat and now because I want to see where I'm ovulating. Looking at the charts, my periods have been all over the place along with my ovulation! It isn't the same month to month and having sex non-stop for two weeks is exhausting. Temping is just so easy to do and I feel more in tune with what's going on in my body.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • And OPK's don't tell you you did ovulate.  It only tells you that you are gearing up to do it.  Only temping or monitoring by a doctor can tell you if you actually O or not.  Also, like everyone else said...It is good to know what to expect.  Like right now, I'm spotting.  If I didn't track this stuff I wouldn't remember month to month that this is normal for the few days before my period.

I will say that there are times that temping and charting is frustrating.  I tend to over analyze my chart but I'm learning to let it go...
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I will say that there are times that temping and charting is frustrating.  I tend to over analyze my chart but I'm learning to let it go...
    I hear you there! I overanalyze my thermometer, too, but I'm learning to just take it as it comes. As much as I hate a temp drop, my thermometer is only reporting.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This makes sense!!! Ugh. I really don't like sex 2 weeks straight. My friend did that. It sounds kinds sigh. Icky. :) I'm weird like that. Not super turned on by sex. Rather have a massage or cuddle. Hmmm. I did chart with first kid, and temp, and got lucky first time. I do think I will start temping too. Everyone really helped me understand!
    Sept07b2b said:

In addition to what PP said, having a regular cycle has absolutely nothing to do with ovulation.  There are many people who have "perfect" 28 day cycles but ovulate anywhere from day 10 to day 20 without it being all that abnormal.  Temping is the only way to know where in your cycle you are ovulating.  

Temping is also the only way to know if you aren't actually ovulating.  Some people have perfectly regular cycles but don't ovulate, and having that information is very valuable.  OPKs are notoriously unpredictable.  You can get false positives, or miss your surge, and even if you get a + OPK, it doesn't guarantee you will actually ovulate.  Temping really isn't harder than using OPKs.  

Finally, while I admire the fact that you can have sex for 2 weeks straight, you should recognize that not everyone can/wants to do that.  :)  I have two kids and a full time job.  While we're not currently TTC, even if we were, unfortunately, sex for 2 weeks straight just aint in the cards!  But you go girl! 
  • I tend to be obsessive so part of me thinks I'd get really stressed if chatting more. My friend just gave me a fertility awareness book. Can't wait to learn more. I think the body awareness would be good!

And OPK's don't tell you you did ovulate.  It only tells you that you are gearing up to do it.  Only temping or monitoring by a doctor can tell you if you actually O or not.  Also, like everyone else said...It is good to know what to expect.  Like right now, I'm spotting.  If I didn't track this stuff I wouldn't remember month to month that this is normal for the few days before my period.

I will say that there are times that temping and charting is frustrating.  I tend to over analyze my chart but I'm learning to let it go...

• Chatting= charting

I tend to be obsessive so part of me thinks I'd get really stressed if chatting more. My friend just gave me a fertility awareness book. Can't wait to learn more. I think the body awareness would be good!

And OPK's don't tell you you did ovulate.  It only tells you that you are gearing up to do it.  Only temping or monitoring by a doctor can tell you if you actually O or not.  Also, like everyone else said...It is good to know what to expect.  Like right now, I'm spotting.  If I didn't track this stuff I wouldn't remember month to month that this is normal for the few days before my period.

• Tested this morning.... BFN :(  I guess I'm not surprised.  Of course I'm bummed though.  My temps are still high, so I guess there is still a chance.  I'm doubtful though as both of my other pregnancies showed a BFP at 10 dpo.

imageimageimage
  • Forgive me if ignorant. I think I'm assuming everyone has a regular cycle....
    I've temped before Nat and now because I want to see where I'm ovulating. Looking at the charts, my periods have been all over the place along with my ovulation! It isn't the same month to month and having sex non-stop for two weeks is exhausting. Temping is just so easy to do and I feel more in tune with what's going on in my body.
    Temping is also cheaper than ovulation tests!  I just bought one $9 thermometer, and that was that.  Ovulation tests you have to keep buying.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• MrMrsandBabyMrMrsandBaby member
    edited December 2013
    @ninthgirl - a little bit of spotting this morning, not too much but all brown, no red.  If AF isn't here by tonight (usually I start in the evening) I will test tomorrow morning again.  But I do have mild cramps so I'm just assuming it is a matter of time...
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• pinkshades05pinkshades05 member
    edited December 2013
    @ninthgirl - a little bit of spotting this morning, not too much but all brown, no red.  If AF isn't here by tonight (usually I start in the evening) I will test tomorrow morning again.  But I do have mild cramps so I'm just assuming it is a matter of time...
    Your temps went back up!! I had cramps right before my BFP with Nat. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

@vballgirl78--Don't count yourself out now! It can take between 12-19 days for you to get a BFP. Keep us updated!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been watching everyone's chart all week! I haven't tested yet and I am tempted not to until next week.

@ninthgirl what does CB mean? Sorry, I am not up to date on my acronyms ha ha.

Fingers crossed for both @MrMrsandbaby and @vballgirl78!

• Ah ok! I was like what could that mean! Now I know =). When are you testing @ninthgirl?

• Thanks @suitern...but AF reared her bitchy head about two hours ago.  So I'm on the phone with my sister planning to go out for a bad-for-me dinner and watch crappy Christmas movies tonight.  Sounds good to me!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Thanks @suitern...but AF reared her bitchy head about two hours ago.  So I'm on the phone with my sister planning to go out for a bad-for-me dinner and watch crappy Christmas movies tonight.  Sounds good to me!
    Sorry AF is here!  Have fun tonight!

imageimageimage
  • MrMrsandBabyMrMrsandBaby member
    edited December 2013
    I've been chart stalking all of you though and I'm so excited for how pretty all of your charts look so far!  As much as it would suck, I hope I don't see a few of you around the TTC check in much longer :)
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• @MrMrsandBaby--Seriously!! I have a feeling we're going to see several BFP's in the next week or two...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hope so!  I really do...I've been avoiding the facebook group a lot lately because of all the BFP/pregnancies/babies...For some reason it is different here.  I don't know why, but I don't check in on the FB thread - I like this one better!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"