Natural Birth
Options

Looking for labor vibes and positive induction stories, please

I could really use some advice/commiseration/positive stories, here -- and lbaor vibes, if you've got them to spare!

I am 39 weeks pregnant and just DONE. I am facing an induction on Thursday if this baby doesn't come on her own by then. It's for a good medical reason (they don't want me to go post-term due to low PAPP-A and a history of the placenta breaking down early), and I trust my medical team and they are very good at "gentle" inductions... but I really, really don't want to be induced. It's just not the birth I want. If I have to be, then it is what it is and I'm okay with that (a healthy mom and healthy baby are the only things that really matter in the end), but I have really been hoping to go into labor on my own, and I am starting to lose hope. I have been having irregular contractions for over a week, and I'm tired, but no real labor to show for it. I was 3-4 cm dilated as of last Thursday, and I have been losing my mucous plug, but I don't have a baby yet, obviously. I have tried all of the normal stuff -- sex, walking, bouncing on the birth ball, squatting, RRL tea (been drinking it since the beginning of the 3rd tri and went up to 3-4 cups per day at 37 weeks), EPO, etc. -- and am going to give acupuncture a shot tomorrow to see if anything happens.I even ran a turkey trot on Thanksgiving (I have been running this entire pregnancy) and all I got to show for it was irregular contractions all day long.

My first daughter was born at 37w4d, spontaneous labor lasting less than 12 hours from the first contraction, so this is a new place for me. These last two weeks have sucked... a lot. DH doesn't understand how tired I am, or how antsy I am, and basically I just hate everyone right now. I am blessed in that not too many people are bugging me about whether I've had the baby yet... but I am irritable and could just scream at every little thing. And the really sad part is, I DO want to hold on to these last precious days with my sweet daughter as an only child, but I am having a lot of trouble just relaxing and enjoying her when her 3-year-old demands are just a bit taxing for this tired mama right now.

So, please send labor vibes my way. And, if you have a positive induction story, hit me with it. I could use positivity right now. I had a beautiful, natural, entirely med-free birth with my daughter, and I am just sad right now that it looks like we won't be able to repeat that experience... but I am at least hoping to avoid an epidural or other pain meds. But mostly I just want to be at peace with this birth experience.
  norathe girlsamelia
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for labor vibes and positive induction stories, please

• Options
    I wasn't induced but I did have irregular contrax for a while before it really kicked off. I pumped and it got contrax going more steady. maybe that could help? sending labor dust your way.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The PPs had great ideas. I have no other advice but I just want to say that I am sending lots of positive vibes your way. Dealing with irregular contractions sucks and it is emotionally consuming. I hope that things get started naturally soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I originally wanted a natural birth but had to be induced at 40w5d due to GD.  Even though I got cervidil and pitocin, I still avoided an epidural and I felt it was completely doable.  My water broke on it's own a few hours after pitocin was started and I was able to avoid a lot of other interventions I was worried about.  I was 0cm and had a very high, firm cervix.  My Bishop's Score was a 2, and that was only because she was fairly low.  So my risk of the induction failing was very high. 

At least you are dilated and have made some progress.  But like I said, it's not impossible to still get a birth that is close to what you wanted.  It just might need to be modified slightly. 

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all! I am feeling much better about it today... just lots and lots of questions for my OB tomorrow.

I will try nipple stim. I have heard from a lot of people that that got things going for them, so it's worth a shot! I also had an acupuncture session today, and will do another tomorrow. I'm afraid castor oil is not something I'm willing to try, though -- I'd hate to go into labor weak and dehydrated. I've heard it's horrible.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"