Babies: 9 - 12 Months

10 month old only eating fruit and formula

For the past few weeks I've been trying to get my baby to feed himself or let us feed him solid foods...like veggies, chicken, turkey or pasta. He will only eat fruit. We try a couple times a day everyday to feed him other nutritious foods. If it is covered with a sauce or masked he will suck off the sauce and spit out the veggies or chicken or pasta. I'm worried he's not getting all the foods he should be. Help!
JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: 10 month old only eating fruit and formula

• Food before 1 is just for fun. Keep doing what you're doing.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • If he's drinking enough formula then relax. He's getting what he needs. Stop giving him fruits and let him control feeds. Putting food into his mouth is a choking hazard. If he only takes a bite who cares. He nerds to figure things out for himself.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried cereal or those little gerber puffs? My kids love those. Plus it helps them work on their pincher grasping skills.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Keep trying! I had to try multiple times for my daughter to eat some veggies like peas, avocado, green beans to name a few.
  • Baby is bound to like something enough to get it down the hatch eventually. Have you tried the infamous Cheerios? I mean, just I start with so LO gets the idea. Make sure to give them enough time too. They might need awhile to play with it, but eventually it'll end up in the mouth ( I mean, really, what doesn't?)

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• thanks for the advice! I'll keep trying. He eats great at daycare..he just knows how to push mommy and daddys buttons to get what he wants.
    JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"