2nd Trimester

Stubborn hairs are annoying me!

nicoleee89nicoleee89 member
edited December 2013 in 2nd Trimester
Before I got pregnant i had a slight issue with hair growth in not so common places like my chin (i'm overweight so it was obvious why).  But ever since i got pregnant the growth has been ridiculous!  I have to resort to shaving my chin every single day so I don't look like a man.  I've tried facial hair removal lotions and creams and they don't work, they just burn my skin.

This is getting out of hand and I'm so over it.  Does anybody have a way to prevent the growth or a favorite product they use to remove stubborn hairs?

Please helpppp!

Re: Stubborn hairs are annoying me!

• Have you tried waxing? Waxing makes the hair thinner and after awhile they should disappear. Good luck!!

TTC 8/1/11 Met with RE: 9/7/12; starting with BW on next CD3 and HSG between CD7-11. Husband has SA 9/21/12; meth with RE 10/11-diagnosed with Male fertility issues 1% chance of getting pregnant naturally, only IVF.  Insurance doesn't cover IVF, took a break from trying until we could save the money.
    June 19-Begin injections for IVF Round 1- only 1 egg dropped, fertilized but did not attach
    August 8-Begin IVF round 2, more aggressive, 10 egges, all 10 fertilized, implanted 1, froze 4
    September 14-got the call that we are expecting!!!

• I would have to do it professionally at least once a week and I can't afford that at the moment, i need a temp option.
  • Loading the player...
  • They don't work, i've tried.  The wax just doesn't work correctly or I just suck at using it, lmao.
  • Tweezing. It's not as time consuming as you may think. Dedicate about 5 minutes everyday and it should help.

Pregnancy Ticker

• RileypieRileypie member
    edited December 2013
    I'm Italian, so I am very familiar with yucky facial hair, even worse now! I have very sensitive skin so I try to wax at least 24 hrs before I have to go out in public to avoid having a red blotchy face! I use Salley Henson pre-applied wax strips. Warm them in your hands, smooth on and rip off. Hurts a bit, but works so much better than anything else. I also stay hair free for about 2-3 weeks. Good luck!
  • I am an esthetician and to be honest waxing is the best solution for now, when not pregnant you can look into laser hair removal if you want!

I would recommend letting it grow for a bit and then getting waxes every 3-4 weeks, I get that you could do it more but it is expensive. If you continue to shave it will just continue to come back daily. Shaving cuts the hair off at the skins surface and waxing pulls it out by the root...ideally making hair grow back slower and less eventually. It might take some time to get the hair on the same growth cycle so you will fell hairy for a bit!

If you wax at home remember to apply with the hair growth and pull against!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"