Parenting
Options

Can you tell me if these baby names are terrible?

2»

Re: Can you tell me if these baby names are terrible?

• Options
    All these names would get a ton of love on the baby names board if you want more mn suggestions.

• Options
    I prefer James or John, and I love Penelope!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw, I didn't even think of "eclaire".  That name really sung out from the rest in the original list.  And no one is even going to know her middle name, especially not a bunch of kids.  I can think of maybe a handful of people I know that I know the middle names of, and they are/were close friends.  It's such a pretty name, don't nix it for that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Re: FN and MN combos....
    My cousin named her son James Robert. As soon as she told her brother he said " you named your kid Jim Bob?" He said there were crickets, like it hadn't occurred to her yet. Lol... the kid goes by James.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like June still. Crazy bitches aside.
  • Options

I like Penelope and Rhys.  Not a fan of John.  I think they are all solid names.

This! Love Rhys!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    I'm laughing so hard over the June business.
  • Options
    I already voted for Charlotte for a mn. It's the "sh" sound after Penelope that I really like, but I can't think of another "sh" name.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    My DDs MN is Catherine. I obviously like Katherine/Kathryn.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    tairairat said:
    I like Sophie Kathryn, Penelope Claire and James Rhys. I think they're good names. :)
    These would be my choices, too, with a very slight edge to Penelope Claire over Sophie Kathryn.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Penelope Christine!

DD's name reminds me of a fanceh perfume Sophia Christine.
  • Options
    You guys are the best. Thank you for all the suggestions! (and laughs)
  • Options
    I am not talking about "June" as a non for "junior" or anything else that might be dude-related. I am talking about having the name "June" and nothing else on your birth certificate.
    I've never met one, but I found June listed as a possible boy name on some baby name websites, and I found this guy:

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    @HilarityEnsued

That's so crazy to me!  I seriously cannot think of that many people's middle names, even those I was close to in high school (which wasn't too terribly long ago for me).  The only person I remember getting crap about his name was a guy with the name Tori, and it took until high school for people to even realize it (small town, same kids from Pre-K to graduation).  I remember a handful of people that got crap because their first and/or last name sucked (Why would someone name their child Tequila?).  But yanno, maybe it was just me.  Who knows.

But even with that in mind, I still don't think "eclaire", even after having said it a hundred times in my head lol.  I say go for that one.  Unless there's a penis.  Then, I have no legitimate advice, because the only reason my SO finally agreed with me on a name was because he's a SoA fan.  And thank god for that, because he wouldn't agree on another single name, and finally agreed to that one a week before I was due, IIRC. 
  • Options
    I LOVE Penelope and Penny. Not the biggest Poppy fan. Don't hate it, just NMS.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    pippa is also a nickname for penelope :) 
  • Options
    Wow. Not sure if some pointed this out in 100 posts, but Tina Fey named her daughter Penelope before Kourtney Kardashian had her kid. Just saying, it's a better association in my mind. :)

I love the name Penelope.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options

I already voted for Charlotte for a mn. It's the "sh" sound after Penelope that I really like, but I can't think of another "sh" name.

Chanaynay

Chanel
    Champagne
    Cher
    Sashay shante

My own name is actually on this list believe it or not ;)

• Options
    Can you sign your DH up for TB? Because we need to straighten him out about Ben. DS1 is Ben and it's my all time fav boys name. I will help you with this.
    my DS is also a benjamin.  it is an awesome name!  remind your DH that it is also the name of one of the characters in lost.  benjamin linus was an awesome character.
  • Options
    DD is Reese ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow. Not sure if some pointed this out in 100 posts, but Tina Fey named her daughter Penelope before Kourtney Kardashian had her kid. Just saying, it's a better association in my mind. :) I love the name Penelope.
    Tina Fey is Greek (not sure if 100%), so that's probably part of why she chose it.

I've found I really like names with Greek roots, although not so much George.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"