Illinois Babies
Options

Moms and Babies Medical Program...

So, in my quest for insurance (previously had none) I was signed up for the MPE through Illinois to get a Medical card (being lower income). My employer is now offering insurance that is $450.00 per month. I can't really afford that. If I continue to stay qualified with Illinois I will be put into the Moms and Babies program which will keep everything covered until baby is 1 year old with no out of pocket expenses for me including labor. The father can put the child one once born but at that point, why not wait and continue to have no cost insurance. I do not live with the child's father and at this time am not planning on it. He lives in WI and I live in IL. We will work out child support/visitation costs to be a mutually agreeable deal. My question is, does the Moms and Babies/Medicaid program go after the father to reimburse expenses? If so, is it worth finding a private insurance company and splitting the cost of covering everyone involved?

Just trying to figure out the best route for those involved before I get too far along.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"