January 2014 Moms
Options

Day #5 with contractions

I've been having contractions for 5 days now and the medicine they gave me to stop them I apparently am allergic to now we have to wait and get another prescription too bad I can't miss any more work. I have to bring a heating pad with me just for some relief not sure what else to do

Re: Day #5 with contractions

• Options
    Are they dilating your cervix?

How frequently are they?
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    It's irregular and I dilated to 1 centimeter and my cervix is soft but still thick they check me again Monday I'm not due until jan 28th
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The pain I'm experiencing wraps around and feels like severe cramping like on a heavy period day it's hard to move and if it wasn't for this heating pad on my back I wouldn't be able to
  • Options
    Like CW said, how frequent are they? Irregular doesn't really answer that question. I have had bouts of irregular contractions where they come 2-3 an hour and I've had some that come 20-30 an hour.

FWIW, I've been having contractions for 5 weeks and 1 day (but who's counting? lol).
  • Options
    I've had contractions on and off most of this pregnancy. For well over a month they've been regular around 4-5 an hour but haven't dilated my cervix (at last check.) Sometimes they're just uncomfortable and sometimes they are the real deal, take your breath away, wrap you in pain contractions. What did they give you to stop them? I went in at 28 weeks with contractions 3minutes apart and they administered a shot of turbutalene. They haven't been that close again except the other day when I was severely dehydrated from a stomach bug. After re hydrating they slowed again. Try to stay hydrated, put your feet up and use the heating pad on your back as needed. I don't have much other advice but if you feel like you need to go in, do it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've even having contractions for 10 weeks now. Sometimes 30 an hour and all day and night. It hasn't caused cervical changes though, so my doctor has been concerned. Hope the situation is the same for you and you find a medicine to stop them that doesn't give you a reaction. My slow down a lot if I rest in bed all day and just drink water. The more active I am the worse they are. I've had to take off from work several times . Can your doctor give you a note to take some time off?

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Options
    Looks like my job is pulling me out early they are contacting human resources to see what my options are but they sent me straight home today but my new medicine won't be ready until Tuesday now. My contractions vary sometimes I have 5-10 and hour and sometimes it's more frequent if I'm still contracting by tomorrow morning I was told to come back in.
  • Options

Like CW said, how frequent are they? Irregular doesn't really answer that question. I have had bouts of irregular contractions where they come 2-3 an hour and I've had some that come 20-30 an hour.

FWIW, I've been having contractions for 5 weeks and 1 day (but who's counting? lol).

All of this. I think down to the week. Mine started Halloween
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options

All of this. I think down to the week. Mine started Halloween
    @ChuggingWater -- Halloween is when mine started too. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"