Babies: 9 - 12 Months

9 mo old lots of questions

Hey, I'm on baby #2 and he is not one bit the same as his older sister, so I have some questions. I know that all babies are not the same, but at 9 1/2 mo baby has 0 teeth, isn't crawling and doesn't seem interested, he still wakes up at least once a night. Are there things I should worry about? He weighs about 23 pounds and is 29" long. If this is normal, please tell me it is!

Re: 9 mo old lots of questions

• CellisCellis member
    edited December 2013
    I'm a FTM, my DS is 11 months now, but he was 22 pounds and 28.5" at 9 months. He wasn't crawling either. He actually started at 10 months exactly. My DS still wakes up once a night (every so often he will sleep all night). So your LO sounds normal to me! He does have 6 teeth, but I know some babies that don't have any at a year. 

Oh and he had no interest in crawling either. He's a very laid back baby which the Dr said contributed to him crawling later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Thank you! My DD had teeth exactly at 6 months, crawled between 8-9 months, walked at 1 year, basically every milestone was at the projected time. DS is happy boy who is also very laid back. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Laid back babies have no need to get around, they're happy just watching things happen! Don't stress (I know, so easy to say and hard to do!) and try to enjoy having one child who's not all over the place. I think boys are a little slower than girls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Dd1 didn't have any teeth until she was 10 months and dd2 is 9 months and is up 1 to 2 times a night. Don't know about the crawling but the other stuff is normal in my experience.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• VespahVespah member
    edited December 2013
    DS- no teeth, just started crawling 5 days ago, and is still up at least once a night. 22lb at 9 months. DD- got her first tooth around 9 months, never moved anywhere until she cruised furniture at 11 months, she slept like the dead, nothing could wake that kid up. 23lb at 9 months. Sounds like your LO is pretty normal to me.
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I believe it's normal. The only reason why I think so is because my daughter goes to daycare with a little boy who just turned 1 year. He just started crawling and he's pretty chunky. His mother told me he is very laid back and he has two older brothers and an older sister who was the same. My daughter crawls and has lots of teeth but about a month or so ago she has been waking up 1-2 times.
  • DD was a mover pretty early but she only just got her first tooth a couple weeks ago around 11 months and she still occasionally wakes up once a night but she's almost always up at around 5 AM to eat then go back to sleep.
  • Ya this isn't so very uncommon so I wouldn't be so worried about it. My neighbors baby is about 10 months and hasn't got any teeth and doesn't crawl. He's even still kinda head-wobbly. I think she worries too, but I tell her the same thing. As long as the doc says he's on, he's ok. There will be PLENTY of time for rambunctiousness through the years so I wouldn't suggest rushin' it haha.

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"