May 2013 Moms

Wonder Weeks 29 & 30

DD is currently in the grey area of the Wonder Weeks and she has totally been fussy if we're not near her, she's also been pretty needy.

For those of you who are past this part, did it last the full 2 weeks?

For those if you currently in it, have you noticed a change?

Re: Wonder Weeks 29 & 30

• Yup.  We're in it (nearing the end, I think), and C gets fussy when we walk away.  Granted, it's fussy for him...he's always been very independent.  Instead of being like, "Eh, see if I care, I have toys to play with," he's now like, "Whyyyy are you leaving me here all by myself...oh wait...shiny object...." accompanied by some very fake cries.

We've noticed more of a difference at bedtime.  He's having more difficulty getting comfortable, and he doesn't want us to leave the room while he's still awake.  (He's not happy being held, either...he just wants to be able to see us at all times.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @klj3 - yes, she has been the same about us leaving the room while she's still awake, in her crib, for bedtime. That wasn't a problem just a few days ago.

This app is so crazy with its accuracy. It may not be to the day but damn is it close!

• Loading the player...
  • Looking at that chart makes me want to cry.
  • @Boo0512 - I know! So many leaps left to go. It wouldn't even be a big deal if the damn thing wasn't so accurate lol. I guess that I'd rather know why she's this way though than just thinking I have a cranky baby.

• We're in that grey area as well and it is pretty crappy. He has never slept in our need before and for the past few days it is the only way he will sleep - and has to me wedged right up next to me. And during the day, even if I am in the same room, but move out of his view he freaks. Blaah
  • My dd is 28 weeks and has been a nightmare for about mmm idk, the last 10. Especially the last 4 weeks though. My baby is a giant wonder week.
  • @allydncr - for me it seems to line up with her actual birthdate - not her EDD. For many it's the other way around. Not sure which you're using?

• @Trish625 - Blaah is right! She went to daycare for the first time today since she started this phase and they said she's been the same there. Mind you there are multiple caregivers and children but she's just needy. Blaah!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"