Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Overwhelmed -- told today I may m/c

Hi all. I just went to the doctor today as a f/u to last week. Last week I went to the doctor thinking I was 8w and found out I was only measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 94bpm. Today I went in and the fetus has only grown to 6w4d (should've been 7w1d) with a heartbeat of 78bpm. The doctor gave me my options: wait to m/c, take a pill or get a d&c. DH is angry -- he thinks the pregnancy is still viable and she shouldn't be giving us these options. I have a bad feeling about the pregnancy and don't think it's going any further as the baby hasn't grown and heart is getting slower and slower.

 I don't know what to do at this point. I was wondering if anyone here had a heartbeat and what your decision was? This is my first pregnancy and it's all so overwhelming!!

Re: Overwhelmed -- told today I may m/c

  • ::hugs:: I am so sorry you are going through this. I didn't hear or see a heartbeat, so I don't know what I would do in that situation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know that I am qualified to answer this because both of my m/c were a result of not seeing a heartbeat but if it were me I would wait until there wasn't a heartbeat on the u/s.  But that's just from my past of always that hope seeing the heartbeat (and not getting to).  It's completely up to you and your doctor is the expert but is there an option of going back next week to look again (i know the waiting sucks but it might be better than the what ifs).  Ultimately, its what you and your husband feel comfortable with and the doctor should agree to that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, I am very sorry you are in this situation.  Big hugs!

  • I am so sorry you're going through this... I would wait until there is no longer a heartbeat.  You can never be certain and you might always wonder "what if".

    I'm so sorry... hugs and prayers...

  • I am with adorsey on this one.  I wouldnt do anything until there was no hb.  But thats just me.  I would let nature take its course and once the hb has definitely stopped then do a d&c.

    I am so sorry you have to go through this.  Just remember miracles happen every day and whether that miracle is taking a baby home to God or giving a weak hb a kick and helping a baby start growing, they are very real.  I an with your DH, I wouldnt rule it not viable until you are sure its realy over.


    Good luck sweety.

    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • I'd wait also, just so you won't always wonder "what if". It is so hard, I had an u/s due to a tiny bit of spotting at what should of been 7w and baby only measured 5 w 4d, but had a strong h/b of 133..I started losing the baby the very next day. It was so very sad and hard, especially after having seen that h/b the day prior.

    I'd definitely wait it out, miracles happen every day to people, you never know.

  • I am so sorry you are having to go through this.  ((hugs))
  • My doctor was trying to push me for a d/c when they detected a heartbeat of 50bpm.  I didn't feel right about it and asked to wait until the hb stopped.  He told me that within the week it would stop and he was right, I went back 5 days later and the hb had stopped.  I felt much, much more comfortable about the decision though.  I went ahead and let the mc happen naturally too, just because then I knew there was nothing more that I could have done.

     Sorry about your loss.  Its hard to go through.  Mine was a 1st pregnancy as well :(

    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's so hard. I think I would wait. We saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks but it was gone at 19 and the baby had stopped growing around 8 1/2 weeks. We had a D&C. I am not sure I could do it unless I know it was over for real though. I am very sorry. I hope things turn out okay.
  • Thank you to everyone for your support. I am going to wait to see if the h/b stops over the next two weeks. I have just a bad feeling about this pregnancy -- all of my symptoms have gone now and I'm just waiting to see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards