March 2012 Moms

Wishful Wednesday

Alright ladies, we've all probably been focused on what the kids want, but it's our turn! What's on your wish list? You can dream big or be practical. It doesn't even have to be a material item, maybe you want more sleep.

Since the board has been slow, maybe this will be fun.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wishful Wednesday

• It will be awhile, but I want a week vacation to an all-inclusive resort with no kids!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure the internet has enough space for that. lol

-a new house
    -no debt
    -a new mattress (I'm sick of being tired and sore all the time)
    -the Etsy shop to really take off
    -my dinner to make itself every night :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• good ones so far ladies! haha

I would like:

-a spa gift card that covers enough trips to go 50 times a year!

-DS to wake up at least 30 minutes later than usual (he wakes up at 6:30 everyday) lol

-less wrinkles

Merry Christmas haha

• Since I had to post and run earlier..

- A new vehicle. Mine seems to get smaller by the day. (I'm eyeing a traverse, by eyeing I mean dreaming.)
    -My house to clean its self, and actually stay clean.
    - To be able to get pregnant without ANY fertility treatments. Being on these hormones is making me a b***h, and it is emotionally draining.
    - To be able to eliminate all the negative and free loading people outof my life. (Hard to do when it's family.)
    - A new pair of yoga pants, and to be able to attend Zumba twice a week every week like before I had dd.
    - The no brainer....More Sleep.
  • -to keep this baby cooking until February 11th (today was another day in the hospital) :(

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I want someone else to buy me a new car. Mine is paid for and in perfect condition so I'm trying to hold out and keep it until Alexander starts school but I'm so sick of driving it. I have a long commute and it isn't particularly comfortable for me but I just don't feel like having a car payment. Also, I wish the holiday break started tomorrow!

• WipzWipz member
    edited December 2013
    I wish you ladies could all get at least one of your wishes for Christmas :)

..personally I don't want the butt I had when I was 20... which is why I divorced him haha 

The house with a yard would be nice ..DH and DS would both love a dawgy, but it's not practical in an apartment for us. 

kaleb87 "- To be able to eliminate all the negative and free loading people out of my life. (Hard to do when it's family.)" It's actually a lot easier than you think.. :) and eliminates a whole lotta stress when you do it too. Blood is NOT thicker than water... that's about as real as Santa Claus and the tooth fairy and at least they usually give you something in return. 

I'd like to skip the rest of 2013 and get right to 2014 .. work's going to be a bitch till Dec 31st and I wouldn't have to wait as long for my tax refund. But I wouldn't miss this Christmas with my munchkin for the world..so I shall happily suck up work and being broke because we are staying home this year and having our own family Xmas.. WOOO HOOO

I wish DS's last set of molars would come through ..and/or he would stop biting my finger every time I try and check their progress.. holy cow this kid has a jaw like a rottweiller 

But most of all I just wish for good health and happiness for everyone .. I just found out tonight my long time friend and adopted big brother may have thyroid cancer and is going in for a biopsy on Monday...he has had a run of family history with cancer in the last couple of years .. but we're hoping for good news. Our friendship has outlasted 4 ex husbands... so to me he is family...damned if he is going anywhere :)
  • Excited30 said:

Wipz
    said:
    I wish you ladies could all get at least one of your wishes for Christmas :) ..personally I don't want the butt I had when I was 20... which is why I divorced him haha The house with a yard would be nice ..DH and DS would both love a dawgy, but it's not practical in an apartment for us. kaleb87 "- To be able to eliminate all the negative and free loading people out of my life. (Hard to do when it's family.)" It's actually a lot easier than you think.. :) and eliminates a whole lotta stress when you do it too. Blood is NOT thicker than water... that's about as real as Santa Claus and the tooth fairy and at least they usually give you something in return. I'd like to skip the rest of 2013 and get right to 2014 .. work's going to be a bitch till Dec 31st and I wouldn't have to wait as long for my tax refund. But I wouldn't miss this Christmas with my munchkin for the world..so I shall happily suck up work and being broke because we are staying home this year and having our own family Xmas.. WOOO HOOO I wish DS's last set of molars would come through ..and/or he would stop biting my finger every time I try and check their progress.. holy cow this kid has a jaw like a rottweiller But most of all I just wish for good health and happiness for everyone .. I just found out tonight my long time friend and adopted big brother may have thyroid cancer and is going in for a biopsy on Monday...he has had a run of family history with cancer in the last couple of years .. but we're hoping for good news. Our friendship has outlasted 4 ex husbands... so to me he is family...damned if he is going anywhere :)
    Ack!  Not Thyroid cancer :(  I wish your friend all the best.  Sorry for your nasty news...I'm counting down the days right now until my sister's cancer surgery..less than 2 weeks
    Thanks Excited ... and  apologies for the big chunk of text.. my explorer is being a piece of crap on the forums lately and I had to get into google chrome to edit it .. I have no idea why explorer is hating the bump lately for me.. time to give my computer a spring clean methinks.  It crashes all the time now.. but other sites dont crash out  like this.. :/
  • A magical house fairy who cooks and cleans on a regular basis.
    SLEEP!
    No debt and to be better with our finances.
    Less stress for DH at work.

• Zimger said:

-to keep this baby cooking until February 11th (today was another day in the hospital) :(

I'm sending good vibes your way. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers!
  • @Wipz thank you for the advice. I know I need to do something. My dh is urging me to delete them out of my life but I know it has to be me that chooses to, and finally just do it.

I am sending positive thoughts and best wishes your way for your friend and adopted big brother!

@Excited30 please know you and your sister are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that this is the miracle surgery for her, so that it can be her last, and she can get back to her normal life.
  • kaleb87 said:
    @Wipz thank you for the advice. I know I need to do something. My dh is urging me to delete them out of my life but I know it has to be me that chooses to, and finally just do it. I am sending positive thoughts and best wishes your way for your friend and adopted big brother! @Excited30 please know you and your sister are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that this is the miracle surgery for her, so that it can be her last, and she can get back to her normal life.
    Thanks I am sure he will be fine.. and if we have to deal with the worst case scenario.. he has good friends and family to support him.  Cancer has been rampaging through the family the last few years so they are familiar with this whole process :(

.. If you aren't ready to start cutting them out .. try to start the process slowly by limiting contact to  phone calls and cards  if the occasion warrants it.  Phone calls can be interrupted a lot easier than face to face contact by a simple.. oops sorry gotta go ..someone is at the door.

Cards can be polite non personal and  leave little room for big discussion on whether they liked it or not lol.  If you want to make a point just buy a bulk box of one design and use that for everything and  they will slowly get the message.  If they aren't getting gifts and cards are non personal.. and you dont visit and dont let them visit.. mission accomplished

..... sooner or later you will realize how much simpler your life is and how much less drama you deal with and you can always continue that for as long as you see fit or till they change their ways or it dies a" natural" death
  • kaleb87 said:

-to keep this baby cooking until February 11th (today was another day in the hospital) :(

I'm sending good vibes your way. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers!

Thank you. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • nah82nah82 member
    edited December 2013
    Thoughts and prayers to your friend, @Wipz and your sister @Excited30.  I found another thyroid "goodie" on fb today.  Nature-throid (a thyroid replacement med) is giving away thyroid disease awareness bracelets if you "like" them on fb and message them your name and address asking for one.

I want my thyroid doctor's office to figure out how to scan a test result on so it actually shows up in my online account.  It makes me stabby every time I go to have blood work (which is often) and get a message from their office that my results are available online.  Then I open my account and it says "results cannot be displayed" so I still have to call to get my numbers.  I sent them a message about it two months ago and no response and it still doesn't work this month.  I want to be able to use the nifty and convenient online log to be able to compare from month to month!

I want my house to be magically clean with no effort on my part, and to stay that way.  (Little bro somehow got ahold of a brand new box of Fruity Pebbles and poured the ENTIRE thing out on the coffee table while I was in his room hanging up a couple shirts today...ugh.)

I want a fancy new high faucet with a pull down sprayer and maybe even the tap on/off for my kitchen sink (lame).  My faucet is so low and I don't have a separate sprayer, it's such a pain every time I have to wash the Crock Pot or a punch bowl.

I want to go on a real honest to goodness week-long family vacation like we did growing up and I haven't done since I graduated college.  When I had the money, I was working 3 jobs.  Now that I'm a SAHM (WAHM about 3 months out of the year when I have catalogs to design) with plenty of time off, yeah, don't have the money.  I'm not talking an exotic locale or anything, the Outer Banks or VA Beach would be just fine.

What do I not want?  What my MIL mentioned to my husband.  She wanted to buy me a Soda Stream.  For real, I can buy a 2 liter bottle of pop (yes, I'm from W. PA, it is POP here) for $1.50 or less, the only effort it requires me is driving to the local grocery store, and it does not take up any additional space in my kitchen.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @namcgee I want to get you all the broccoli cheese soup in the world.
  • LilNunz1 said:
    @namcgee I want to get you all the broccoli cheese soup in the world.
    LOL I just ate the first soup I have eaten since the great soup debacle yesterday.  And Soup Cousin called me no less than 6 times this week trying to ask me to babysit for her this weekend.  I really truly was only home and avoiding her call one of those times, the other times I honestly was not home or was in the shower.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know I am late to this but I have been feeling very wishful lately, and even more so after reading this thread.
    I wish @Excited30's sister and @Wipz's friend to be well. I wish for @nicb13 and @kaleb87 to get KU soon. ;) And I wish for @Zimger's baby to keep cooking!
    For me, I wish this PPD/PPA would just go completely away already, that I get my libido back, and DH and I fix our relationship (I wish this for @Excited30 too).
    I wish I had time to run or do yoga every day.
    I wish DS would outgrow all his food sensitivities so we can get off this restrictive diet.
    And I want a dehydrator, flour mill, and bread maker from Santa. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"