Blended Families
Options

Anyone else notice?

This board is so slow. What can we do to liven things up?

Re: Anyone else notice?

• Options
    It's not that slow. It's holiday season. And we all have lives other than cyber space. There are times when we will not be able to be here. If it was dead for weeks then we could worry. For me it's finals week so I'm super busy. The dog just woke me up early, though, and I'm not ready to get up nor can I go back to sleep. That's the only reason I'm here right now.
  • Options
    I think (but I'm not positive b/c I'm not on it) a lot of people are part of a FB page, or something like that, b/c it's more secure; some people didn't want to put their stuff out for the world to see.  Everyone comes back once in a while to comment, but don't 'live' here as much.

I believe people are busy, as @ambrvan mentioned, but I don't think it's the holiday season - it was bumping (pun intended) last year near the holidays b/c of all the issues that come up around this time.

Or maybe everyone is doing great, and everything is working out well, that would be a nice reason to be slow!
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its slower. But i know the fb group still comes back here. I do. Admittedly, I just dont post as much here. But i do watch the board regularly.
    "he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Options
    It is slower, likely more so due to the FB page. We can liven it up though, what did you have in mind?
  • Options
    I don't come to TB much anymore for ANY of the boards I was really active on. :/ 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I never have anything good to post thats BF related. I'll post one now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've noticed but that was expected when some went to the FB group.  I miss the updates and advice from the regulars... like Wendilea, Phantom, etc.
  • Options
    I don't think it's all that slow, it's busy time of year. A lot of regulars are still here.

And Phantom hasn't posted an update in a LONG time, so that's nothing related to FB page.
  • Options
    I don't post here anymore (and haven't since march) because I had some personal melt down issues when my dad passed away, and then they changed it so you can't delete your posts later. I always deleted after my post went to the second page because I didn't want it on the interwebs anymore. Now I can't. So now I don't post my issues. Tell the bump gods to change it back.
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options
    Call out! @logansmom3212

You've started 2 threads in 2013, this one and a page for justj and you only do a handful of replies per month. If you dont like the traffic flow, why dont you contribute and liven it up?
  • Options
    CurlyQ284 said:

Call out! @logansmom3212

You've started 2 threads in 2013, this one and a page for justj and you only do a handful of replies per month. If you dont like the traffic flow, why dont you contribute and liven it up?

Well, that's why I came out of lurkdom to start this thread. I was hoping that someone would have a good idea about how to get things going again.
  • Options
    CurlyQ284CurlyQ284 member
    edited December 2013

CurlyQ284 said:

Call out! @logansmom3212

Well, that's why I came out of lurkdom to start this thread. I was hoping that someone would have a good idea about how to get things going again.
    Oh, you came out of lurkdom not to contribute anything of your own but to stimulate everyone else to post so you have more lurking material. Gotcha.
  • Options
    Call out! @logansmom3212 You've started 2 threads in 2013, this one and a page for justj and you only do a handful of replies per month. If you dont like the traffic flow, why dont you contribute and liven it up?
    Well, it gets going if people post threads. Easy peasy. Ask a question, look for opinions, share a story... I guarantee people will respond.

image  image

• Options
    CurlyQ284 said:

CurlyQ284 said:

Call out! @logansmom3212

Oh, you came out of lurkdom not to contribute anything of your own but to stimulate everyone else to post so you have more lurking material. Gotcha.
    Wow, you are so welcoming. Not really what I was going for here, but thanks for the reminder on why I quit posting in the first place.
  • Options
    Yeah, starting a thread to ask people how to start conversations? 

Um, post your OWN issues. 
  • Options
    If you are only a lurker it does not make sense to point out you don't post often. And since some of you are posting basically saying you just come here to lurk then there is no need for anyone to share.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    I don't post here anymore (and haven't since march) because I had some personal melt down issues when my dad passed away, and then they changed it so you can't delete your posts later. I always deleted after my post went to the second page because I didn't want it on the interwebs anymore. Now I can't. So now I don't post my issues. Tell the bump gods to change it back.

Hi, Did you really lose 103 lbs?  Do tell us how!!?
  • Options

Hi, Did you really lose 103 lbs?  Do tell us how!!?

I love how whenever I give you actual constructive advice, you ignore me. Now, you ask me how I lost 100 lbs. Goodness. I did it after I had my second baby. I was 125lbs when I got pregnant with my daughter. I got pregnant w my son when she was 3 months old. They are barely 13 months apart. I left the hospital at 220lbs when I had my son. I just eat well, don't eat fast food, eat fresh foods and basically stay easy from processed foods as much as possible. I work out regularly and do the 'right' stuff. I didn't use any fad diet or any program. I just stopped making excuses and eating like shit. Took me a yr and a few months but I got it all off and then some. I teeter between 115 and 120 lbs on any given day. Except this week I woke up at 123 because I've been eating like a pig for thanksgiving.

Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options

CurlyQ284 said:

CurlyQ284 said:

Call out! @logansmom3212

Wow, you are so welcoming. Not really what I was going for here, but thanks for the reminder on why I quit posting in the first place.

You mean why you never posted in the first place? I'm sorry the truth hurts. You should realky get thicker skin if youre going to lurk and then be offended when someone calls you a lurker.

Also, I will be sure to get signed up as part of the BF welcoming committee. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    wendilea said:

I have honestly been too consumed with life to post for your entertainment.  I have posted responses to a few threads, although I'm sure I was ignored.

I get depressed around the holidays every year and don't post much.  Sorry.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a rough time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"