Multiples

Dizzy Spells/Fainting

KatieGummowKatieGummow member
edited December 2013 in Multiples
I was just wondering how many of the multiple mommas get dizzy spells and/or end up fainting because of the amazing amount of blood we now carry around.

I passed out at the dog park last Saturday and my husband is a nut now. It is sweet, but also very much annoying. I was hoping I could show him this poll (if it is in my favor-muahaha) and get him off my back.
image    image    image    image

Dizzy Spells/Fainting 42 votes

Dizzy Spells Occasionally
35% 15 votes
Dizzy Spells Often
21% 9 votes
Dizzy Spells Occasionally/Fainting rarely
16% 7 votes
Dizzy Spells Often/ Fainting Occasionally
2% 1 vote
Dizzy Spells Often/ Fainting Often
0% 0 votes
I am a fainter
0% 0 votes
Take me to the results, crazy.
23% 10 votes

Re: Dizzy Spells/Fainting

• I'm dizzy pretty often (few times a week). Doc tells me it's normal, and just drink more water!
    photo 334932ce-4f16-4b35-8d49-b4c5beb158c9.jpg

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2013
    I get dizzy with too much activity. And by too much activity, I mean walking more than a mile, walking at a slightly faster pace than easy, walking up ONE flight of stairs, walking any distance at all while carrying anything heavier than 7 or 8 lbs. Doing yoga that is any more strenuous than prenatal yoga.

It's rough! Up until about 16 weeks, I could still run and do pretty serious vinyasa yoga. Then it came on quickly and seems to only be getting worse. I'll be 24 weeks in a few days...

18 months of active trying

3 failed letrozole cycles
    2 failed letrozole/IUI cycles 

BFP on the 3rd (and final) letrozole/IUI cycle before IVF 

It's TWINS!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I get hypoglycemic episodes pretty easy - I have to have a snack around midnight every night (and even wake up to eat it) otherwise my blood sugar is so low in the mornings I can't get out of bed. Same thing with my first pregnancy, but it's worse with the twins. I'm 17 weeks now. When my blood sugar drops, I get sweaty, dizzy, shaky, clammy.....it's no fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dizzy badly when blood pressure or blood sugar are elevated.
  • I don't recall with the twins, but this go around I've had issues with my blood pressure dropping, sugar levels running low, as well as staying fully hydrated.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• I put "often" as I got them every week, but it was only at church (you could say I got them "religiously" haha :-P) I think it was too much standing in one spot that got to me.
  • My singleton I was passing out and dizzy alll the time it was rediculous. My twins I did around the 20-29 week period but then it passed an never had an issue again. I had super low BP with both pregnancies so it had a part in that.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • I had dizziness with my first pregnancy, but that was associated with low blood sugar levels (I had GD).  I haven't had any dizziness this time around, I didn't realize that was a normal symptom of twin pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • towards the end I would get dizzy so easy. I only fainted once though
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"