Single Parents
Options

Another child support question...

The judge signed our divorce this past July. My ex is supposed to be paying child support beginning in July 20th. He is now almost 6 months behind. Haven't seen a dime from him. I'm wondering what steps child support enforcement takes to enforce. They said license suspension and jail time are among the options, but they won't give any other info. We are in Idaho.
I've been all over the web trying to find some kind of answer, but I can't find much. Does anyone know anything, or have any experience?

Re: Another child support question...

• Options
    I'm new here. Been lurking for a couple weeks. I have had to deal with this. My sons father had stopped paying and is still about $5000 behind. I'm in Oregon and he is in Nevada. Different states have different ways they handle things. I contacted my case worker and they contacted the state of NV. This caused a hearing that I was able to be on a conference call during. They grilled him about why he hasn't paid and it wasn't pretty. In the end he did get jail time but only had to spend 1 night if he came up with a portion or the money, which he did. The rest of his time was suspended but if he stops paying again they will throw him back in. So far it has scared him enough that he pays now. I would contact your case worker and get your options. Sorry this became so long;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"