Single Parents
Options

Anxious about this week...

So, last week the SD's probation officer went to the judge to amend his conditions to read absolutely no contact with me.  She called him last Wednesday to tell him.  Since then, he's contacted me more than 25 times by phone and had flowers sent to the house on Saturday.  Of course, his name wasn't on them, but nobody else sends me flowers.  Why do guys only do that when they are in the dog house??  Maybe he'll be in jail be the time he's supposed to report to her (this Thursday).

Anyway, I also hired an attorney last week to navigate Friend of the Court to make sure SD doesn't get any type of custody and only court supervised visitation if he asks for any.  The attorney will also get the child support thing done fairly quickly.  I know the SD has his FoC meeting this week but, apparently, it's a big secret WHEN it is because the lady at FoC doesn't want to tell me.  I am incredibly anxious the attorney bill will be enormous at $190 an hour.  I keep telling myself it's worth it, though, to keep DD out of his clutches.  I just hope he takes payments.  The attorney did tell me that if there is no formal custody agreement the SD can take her and not bring her back and the cops pretty much won't do anything about it.  

Hope everyone had a great long holiday weekend.  DD got me up early almost every day.  Little stinker.  She started army crawling over the weekend, blew a ton of raspberries, and started chanting "ba-ba-ba!"  We also made a plaster hand print of her little hand.  Well, we tried.  She kept grabbing the plaster and smushing it between her fingers.  We had plaster everywhere.  She even snuck a bite when I was trying to get the plaster off her foot.  Yes, she is definitely worth it.   : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"