TTC After a Loss
Options

Monday GTKY

It's been a while since we've done a GTKY.  As always, bonus for PIPs!

1. What movie are you embarrassed to admit that you love?

2. What TV show cancellation were you most upset by?

3. What is that one movie that you will watch any time it's on TV even though you've seen it so many times you could recite it by heart?

My Ovulation Chart
TTC since March 2012 
BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14

Re: Monday GTKY

• Options

I don't have a lot of embarrassment when it comes to movies - I love every cheesy romance movie out there and I'm proud of it.  The most embarrassing may be Princess Diaries?  Is that embarrassing?

Jericho

3. What is that one movie that you will watch any time it's on TV even though you've seen it so many times you could recite it by heart?

Dirty Dancing
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have to say the last twilight movie. I like the story there but I can't stand the portrayal of vampires being "sparkly" lol.

There are so many...ugh I can't think of a specific one I was most upset by but a couple I remember off the top of my head was "The Dead Zone" and going old school "Xena" X_X

Face/Off
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

BFP#1 DS 1/19/12  BFP#2 EDD 6/11/14 MC 10/9/12 BFP#3 EDD 10/3/14

• Options
    peggels24 said:

I don't have a lot of embarrassment when it comes to movies - I love every cheesy romance movie out there and I'm proud of it.  The most embarrassing may be Princess Diaries?  Is that embarrassing?

Jericho

Dirty Dancing
    OMG, I almost picked Jericho for #2!  The only reason I didn't is because I watched it as a marathon after it was canceled, so I was prepared going into it...but it was still very disappointing!  Also, #3 could easily make my list.   ;)

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    1. Hmmm... for some reason I'm not overly embarrassed of my movie choices, but I guess Bring it on and Drop Dead Gorgeous could be considered guilty pleasures. I also really enjoy cheesy horror movies, such as Tremors and Sleepaway Camp. Sorry, I couldn't pick one!

2. The New Normal. I really enjoy the family shows "with a twist" (ie Modern Family, Raising Hope, Trophy Wife); they're easy to follow and give me a strange sense of hope that we'll one day have our weird family. The New Normal was really endearing.

3. A three way tie between Anchorman, Amélie and Love, Actually. To take our mind off of  things, we're going to go see Anchorman 2 in theatres on xmas day heheh
    ~All are welcome~
    MC 23/01/2013 natural @ 7 Weeks

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks this is fun :) 1. Jerry McGuire - that just came on the other day and I couldn't help but watch it. It's so sappy but just sucks me in. And oh Tom Cruise, how things have changed for you. But he was still super handsome lol. Also Meet Me in St. Louis. 2. Lost. 3. Tie between Waking Life (although I know that's a pretty obscure movie that I am guessing hardly anyone knows), and Raising Arizona.
    @anitaflora I loved LOST.  Just curious, besides being sad to see it end, were you satisfied with the ending?  I was, but I know a lot of people weren't.

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    LifeofCat said:
    1. Hmmm... for some reason I'm not overly embarrassed of my movie choices, but I guess Bring it on and Drop Dead Gorgeous could be considered guilty pleasures. I also really enjoy cheesy horror movies, such as Tremors and Sleepaway Camp. Sorry, I couldn't pick one!

2. The New Normal. I really enjoy the family shows "with a twist" (ie Modern Family, Raising Hope, Trophy Wife); they're easy to follow and give me a strange sense of hope that we'll one day have our weird family. The New Normal was really endearing.

3. A three way tie between Anchorman, Amélie and Love, Actually. To take our mind off of  things, we're going to go see Anchorman 2 in theatres on xmas day heheh
    I LOVE Bring it On!  Which reminded me that I do have an embarrassment - that Pitch Perfect movie - that movie is just bad!  But I still enjoyed it!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    On mobile so please excuse formatting 1. What movie are you embarrassed to admit that you love? Harry Potter after all this time I still love it 2. What TV show cancellation were you most upset by? Not cancelled but the series ended, Fringe. Oh I miss fringe 3. What is that one movie that you will watch any time it's on TV even though you've seen it so many times you could recite it by heart? The Sweetest thing
    align="center">

BFP #1 9/6/2009 EDD 5/29/10. Missy Moo born 5/12/10 after 3 months of bedrest due to PTL, IC and a bicornuate ute causing IUGR
    BFP # 2 1/28/12 EDD 10/6/12 No heartbeat seen @ 10 weeks, Autumn
    BFP #3 8/18/12 EDD 5/2/13 No heartbeat seen at 7w3d, Mae
    BFP #4 01/31/2013 EDD 10/15/2013 No HB seen in our little girl at 10w2d due to trisomy 12, Abigail
    BFP #5 6/27/2013 EDD 3/10/2014 diagnosed with protein S deficiency heparin twice a day. Luke's HB stopped at 8wks
    BFP#6 12/22/2013 EDD 9/4/2014 No HB seen at 7w2d, Leia

BFP #7- 5/12/14 EDD 01/2015, ruptured ectopic 5/31/14

• Options
    @ktlovess - LOVE LOVE LOVE Ella Enchanted - just recently watched it too (and I own it on DVD)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    peggels24 said:

Jericho

Dirty Dancing
    OMG, I almost picked Jericho for #2!  The only reason I didn't is because I watched it as a marathon after it was canceled, so I was prepared going into it...but it was still very disappointing!  Also, #3 could easily make my list.   ;)
    I was so sad when Jericho was cancelled....and then it came back....and then it was no more....so sad.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    3. Tie between Waking Life (although I know that's a pretty obscure movie that I am guessing hardly anyone knows), and Raising Arizona.
    Awesome choices; I haven't watched Waking Life in so long! Also, big fan of the Coen brothers here; matter of fact, I could probably recite most of Fargo, as it's one of my all-time favourite movies.
    ~All are welcome~

• Options
    1. My guilty pleasure movie/movies the Step up series, I am hooked once I watch them. It's shameful!

2. Moonlight. Not a recent cancellation but it was a good show. My second choice for this would be Firefly.

3. Couples Retreat. I FREAKING love that movie!!!
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    LifeofCat said:

Oh my goodness tremors, I haven't seen that in ages but I loved it when I was younger.
    align="center">

BFP #1 9/6/2009 EDD 5/29/10. Missy Moo born 5/12/10 after 3 months of bedrest due to PTL, IC and a bicornuate ute causing IUGR
    BFP #4 01/31/2013 EDD 10/15/2013 No HB seen in our little girl at 10w2d due to trisomy 12, Abigail
    BFP #5 6/27/2013 EDD 3/10/2014 diagnosed with protein S deficiency heparin twice a day. Luke's HB stopped at 8wks

• Options

Thanks this is fun :)

1. Jerry McGuire - that just came on the other day and I couldn't help but watch it. It's so sappy but just sucks me in. And oh Tom Cruise, how things have changed for you. But he was still super handsome lol. Also Meet Me in St. Louis.

2. Lost.

3. Tie between Waking Life (although I know that's a pretty obscure movie that I am guessing hardly anyone knows), and Raising Arizona.

@anitaflora I loved LOST.  Just curious, besides being sad to see it end, were you satisfied with the ending?  I was, but I know a lot of people weren't.

I guess I wasn't really dissatisfied with the way the story itself ended, as in a broad sense - as in the way the plot went - I was okay with that. But sort of how they executed it - I don't know - I felt like they could have gotten to the end point in a better way if that makes sense? It was so long ago now I have a hard time remembering specifics to back up my point, but I just felt like, "Well, okay, that's fine, I'm okay with that... but it could have been done better / differently maybe."

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• Options
    peggels24 said:

LifeofCat said:

I LOVE Bring it On!  Which reminded me that I do have an embarrassment - that Pitch Perfect movie - that movie is just bad!  But I still enjoyed it!

I almost picked Pitch Perfect lol.

<dream 2> 12.2011

</dream 2>

resolve.org

lyrics

• Options
    Thanks this is fun :) 1. Jerry McGuire - that just came on the other day and I couldn't help but watch it. It's so sappy but just sucks me in. And oh Tom Cruise, how things have changed for you. But he was still super handsome lol. Also Meet Me in St. Louis. 2. Lost. 3. Tie between Waking Life (although I know that's a pretty obscure movie that I am guessing hardly anyone knows), and Raising Arizona.
    I guess I wasn't really dissatisfied with the way the story itself ended, as in a broad sense - as in the way the plot went - I was okay with that. But sort of how they executed it - I don't know - I felt like they could have gotten to the end point in a better way if that makes sense? It was so long ago now I have a hard time remembering specifics to back up my point, but I just felt like, "Well, okay, that's fine, I'm okay with that... but it could have been done better / differently maybe."
    I definitely thought it was highly confusing (as was the entire last season) but once I read a good explanation and re-watched it, I liked it.   :P  

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    LifeofCat said:

OMG!! I LOVE Pitch Perfect!!! I used to sing in an acapella group, which would explain my obsession with it??? 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15

All Welcome

• Options
    ktlovess said:
    zapgurl44 said:
    On mobile so please excuse formatting 1. What movie are you embarrassed to admit that you love? Harry Potter after all this time I still love it 2. What TV show cancellation were you most upset by? Not cancelled but the series ended, Fringe. Oh I miss fringe 3. What is that one movie that you will watch any time it's on TV even though you've seen it so many times you could recite it by heart? The Sweetest thing
    @zapgurl44 - I also love Harry Potter. I don't think that's something to be embarrassed over!

I feel like I'm too old to still love the series. So excited for the wizarding wold of HP to make it to Southern California.
    align="center">

• Options
    zapgurl44 said:
    LifeofCat said:

Oh my goodness tremors, I haven't seen that in ages but I loved it when I was younger.
    I dressed up as Heather Gummer (Reba McEntire's character) for Halloween a few years ago hahaha my "gun" was a toy that shot marshmallows....nerd alert!
    ~All are welcome~

• Options
    @lifeofcat, Reba is the reason I was obsessed the that movie
    align="center">

• Options
    LifeofCat said:

Awesome choices; I haven't watched Waking Life in so long! Also, big fan of the Coen brothers here; matter of fact, I could probably recite most of Fargo, as it's one of my all-time favourite movies.

Thanks! Oh Fargo!! Good one too!! And awesome that you know Waking Life! It's not like a "let's break this out at a party" kinda movie lol but I just got sucked in by the artistry and vignettes and it's been a favorite ever since.

<dream 2> 12.2011

</dream 2>

resolve.org

lyrics

• Options

Thanks this is fun :)

1. Jerry McGuire - that just came on the other day and I couldn't help but watch it. It's so sappy but just sucks me in. And oh Tom Cruise, how things have changed for you. But he was still super handsome lol. Also Meet Me in St. Louis.

2. Lost.

I definitely thought it was highly confusing (as was the entire last season) but once I read a good explanation and re-watched it, I liked it.   :P  

I'm going to have to rewatch it sometime - I don't think I ever did and it deserves at least a rewatching!

<dream 2> 12.2011

</dream 2>

resolve.org

lyrics

• Options
    Thanks! Oh Fargo!! Good one too!! And awesome that you know Waking Life! It's not like a "let's break this out at a party" kinda movie lol but I just got sucked in by the artistry and vignettes and it's been a favorite ever since.
    It's not as visually enticing, but if you enjoy the "conversation" aspect of it, I recommend Coffee & Cigarettes. It has some great cameos, from Bill Murray to Iggy Pop!
    ~All are welcome~

• Options

Mean Girls

They only made 4 seasons of The Tudors :(

Pride and Prejudice (Kierra Knightly version) and all the twilights :)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options

Love and Basketball, Selena

Smash

See above!  Also, Clue.

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• Options
    1. I can't really think of any except Twilight. Although I do enjoy some bad sci if movies. :D

2. Pushing Daisies. I loved that show! It was quirky. :(

3. Harry Potter. I love 'em. I own them, but I watch them every time I see them on. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Options
    And also for #2: The Dresden Files. Although nothing like the books it was a good tv show.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Options
    And also for #2: The Dresden Files. Although nothing like the books it was a good tv show.
    My H loved the dresden Files. I could never get into it

Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15

All Welcome

• Options
      L-) this is what i am because I cannot figure out how to post GIF's! I will take guidance/help! I have a tumblr account, using a Mac Desktop and IOS mobile device.

1) Where the Heart Is
    2) I second Dexter. Even though it wasn't a cancellation, I just wasn't ready for it to be over. Same with Breaking Bad, NipTuck, and Rescue Me.
    3) Knocked Up!

• Options
    1. What movie are you embarrassed to admit that you love?  Hmmm... Disney movies?  Can you be embarrassed by those?

2. What TV show cancellation were you most upset by?  Probably Felicity or 7th Heaven or more recently Burn Notice (they could have gone on forever)

3. What is that one movie that you will watch any time it's on TV even though you've seen it so many times you could recite it by heart?  Pretty Woman, 27 Dresses, Top Gun, Sweet Home Alabama... I can't just pick one.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    nyg2042 said:

Smash

See above!  Also, Clue.
    Smash was cancelled???  I had no idea.  I watched Season 1 and was thinking of picking it up again at some point.  Also, I heard the soundtrack from that show on the radio recently...is it being made into a real show or something??

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    megrae12 said:
    LifeofCat said:

OMG!! I LOVE Pitch Perfect!!! I used to sing in an acapella group, which would explain my obsession with it??? 
    It's Aca-Awesome.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Fir some reason the Bump and i do not get along when it comes to PIPs

1. What movie are you embarrassed to admit that you love? Sisterhood of the traveling pants - 1 and 2

2. What TV show cancellation were you most upset by? this is hard, i can't think of any that really bummed me out - except of course "My So Called Life" back in the day

3. What is that one movie that you will watch any time it's on TV even though you've seen it so many times you could recite it by heart? 13 going on 30, Love Actually, Office Space (i can't pick one)
    Excellent pick!

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    megrae12 said:
    1. My guilty pleasure movie/movies the Step up series, I am hooked once I watch them. It's shameful!

2. Moonlight. Not a recent cancellation but it was a good show. My second choice for this would be Firefly.

3. Couples Retreat. I FREAKING love that movie!!!
    I love the Step Up series.... I was so excited when the 4th one came on Starz.... I have watched it 3 times since.... horrible acting, horrible plot... what more could you ask for?!

BFP: 9/21/13 | EDD:5/31/14 | MC confirmed:11/6/13 | D&C:11/12/13
    BFP: 1/14/14 | EDD: 9/21/14 | MC confirmed: 2/3/14 | D&C: 2/4/14
    DX 3/18/14 (Complete) Septate Uterus | Resection 4/22/14
    BFP: 8/5/14 | EDD: 4/19/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    @jlworden710 Nothing! That is what makes it so flippin great!! H caught me watching the 4th on when he came home from huntin' the other day. He just walked away. LOL. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15

All Welcome

• Options
    Any of the cheesy dance movies.... Step Up, Bring it on... and Center Stage! for those of you that werent aware there is a Center Stage 2... you are welcome! 
    ALSO.... ANY Lifetime movie, give me a weekend with nothing to do and you will find me infront of the TV watching Lifetime movies. .. 

2. What TV show cancellation were you most upset by? Reba.... I know, but more recently they didnt renew Deception, after one season, when it all just got good?! that was annoying!

3. What is that one movie that you will watch any time it's on TV even though you've seen it so many times you could recite it by heart? Sound of Music, Bring it on, Mean Girls, Little Mermaid... hows that for variety?!

BFP: 9/21/13 | EDD:5/31/14 | MC confirmed:11/6/13 | D&C:11/12/13
    BFP: 1/14/14 | EDD: 9/21/14 | MC confirmed: 2/3/14 | D&C: 2/4/14
    DX 3/18/14 (Complete) Septate Uterus | Resection 4/22/14
    BFP: 8/5/14 | EDD: 4/19/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Sorry I am traveling and using my phone - no pics.

1. Pretty in Pink (cheesy 80s movie)

2. My So Called Life (was obsessed with that show in high school - loved it!!!!!) lately - Smashed

3. Breakfast Club

So I guess my list really revolved around the 80's.

Smash was great!!! I don't know why they cancelled it after two seasons. I love musicals and broadway - was such a great show!!
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Options
    nyg2042 said:

Smash

See above!  Also, Clue.
    OH I loved Smash!

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"