December 2013 Moms
Options

How many "false labor" contractions are normal at this point?

First of all, I thought they were supposed to be "painless." I've had a few painless ones where my tummy just gets really hard. But 90% of the time, they are painful, like period pains. Some of them are in my back, and every fourth one or so is painful enough I have to breathe through it. They are usually low in my pelvis, but eventually my low back starts hurting too.

I get them at night especially, and then the baby gets really active, which makes it all the more uncomfortable. I'm just surprised because no one told me you could get contractions for hours (every 10-15 minutes), and then nothing...They seem to be getting worse every night too :-(

I am due 12/29 (according to the ultrasound), but according to my last period, I would be due 12/22.

I cannot imagine 5 more weeks of this crap! How will I know false labor from early labor? It's like every night, I start wondering, is this it?

Re: How many "false labor" contractions are normal at this point?

• Options
    They are real contraction, you're just not in labor yet. They have to be consistent and at regular intervals that you can time and do not stop. This pregnancy and my last I had lots of contractions before actually going into labor. It really does sucks, but it's just your body getting ready and it may be helping you to start dilating. Sorry you are so uncomfortable, I agree it's no fun.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    SweetPrizSweetPriz member
    edited December 2013
    Ugh this is me last night I thought it was the real thing but no so hopefully it means my body wants her to come soon :D I wanna meet my squishy :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is me today!!! It's very uncomfortable!! I've had this going on for about two weeks. I'm due in eleven days but it feels like 11 years! I just want real labor to kick in or the fake crap to stop!!! #tiredofbeingpregnant
  • Options
    I've had similar pains. For a couple of nights, I had what I thought were really strong contractions - like a whole other level of pain. And my lower back hurt as if someone were trying to split my hips apart. Ugh!! I thought I was going to vomit from pain. I laid on the bathroom floor, but they eventually went away and I ended up going back to sleep. Since then, I've had very few pains. 

But yes, everyone here is right - when you can time them and they don't stop, it becomes real, active labor. And according to our doctor, we don't call them or go to the hospital until we've had 1 min long contractions that are no more than 5 mins apart for at least 2 hours. (Or if our water breaks.) Yikes. That sounds like a long time to be miserable. Good luck!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kf19 said:

I was hurting off and on all day yesterday(pains, cramping, back hurting), went to hospital around 11:30 or so last night and they sent me home.  I don't even know if I'm dialated at all, no one will ever check me.  They told me last night if contractions get stronger to come back.

Guess we can all be uncomfortable together  :)

They wouldn't even check you?? I don't like that I think you should bring that up to your doctor.
    I know my hospital wants a NST and to check you if it's an hour of contractions that are consistent.
  • Options
    I had them for 4+ hours last night. About 30 total (I timed them using an app). They got to about 5-6 minutes apart, before spacing back out. It really messes with your head after a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

When they're regular and timeable, they're real.

This.
    Thy are real contractions, think of them as your uterus getting ready. It's basically a muscle flexing getting ready for labor.
  • Options

They are real contraction, you're just not in labor yet. They have to be consistent and at regular intervals that you can time and do not stop. This pregnancy and my last I had lots of contractions before actually going into labor. It really does sucks, but it's just your body getting ready and it may be helping you to start dilating. Sorry you are so uncomfortable, I agree it's no fun.

This! I have had your same problem for a week now. Mine got as close as 6-7 minutes apart and then nothing! It's exhausting and frustrating!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    (FTM due 12/13/13) I have been having contractions for months... Very seldom are they painless. I actually read somewhere the other day that some FTMs don't get Braxton hicks... Makes me jealous. Mine are almost constant, some last for 2-3 minutes, but aren't consistent. You are not alone.
  • Options
    Same here, especially at night. Today, though, my belly has been super tight all day with zero breaks. Looks like we are getting close!
  • Options
    I'm due the 7th and they really kicked in Black Friday evening while walking the mall. Then target. When we got home, I started timing. They were as close as 4-5 minutes at one point and a lot of cramping and tightening. We situated our bags just in case, but nothing ever intensified and I fell asleep about 2 am.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"