July 2012 Moms
Options

Got my coupon :)

Since my response got lost in the crazy discussion, I thought I'd post it here. ;)
MelRC117 said:
I hope you got a coupon code OP. If anyone jumps up and down for everyone's big day in excitement they're full of BS.
Same if I run across one i'll let you know. Just her response irked me big time. I was IN my bff's wedding and it was a giant pita, even during the day getting ready she mentioned how much of a pain it was so im sure you didn't mean stupid in the way it was taking by probably ONE person.
Wow, I haven't logged in since yesterday.... didn't expect this.  It sure escalated easily.

Yes, it is their special day, and I agree with wcm, it is kinda not nice to call it stupid..... but since she was such an unbelievable *expletive*, I didn't feel she needed an explanation for the "stupid" comment. 

The reason why I called it "stupid" was simply because this couple has been living together for several years, have a kid together and now they're getting married... it's not that I don't think they should get married... sure, you love each other... get married... but for as long as I've known them they've been a "married" couple... they're now just making it official... I am a tad bit judgy to think it is "stupid" because if it were me, I would just go to the courthouse and make it official that way rather than paying a lot of money for a wedding and collect gifts they don't really need.  They live in a nice house and they have everything for the kitchen and such... so it is not like they're a couple just starting out.  And yes, weddings are a real pain in the ass.  Heck, mine was a huge pain in the ass too. lol.

But I really like this couple and will go ahead and get them a good gift.  If I can save some, great.  I thought maybe I could get someone here to help me out not be judged because I used the word "stupid" as a way to illustrate my lack of excitement for buying this gift.

And, yes, I did get someone in another board to help me.  Turns out all of the coupons that come to the house are in-store only.  I did sign up for the email offers but they don't kick in for another week, so that was a no go.  Some kind-hearted person in another board forwarded me an email and that did the trick.  Saved me over $10, so I can't complain.  They get a brand new crock-pot! 

Thanks for backing me up ladies  
Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
5 DIUI - BFN
IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
image imageimageimageimage

Re: Got my coupon :)

• Options
    if he replies "stop" they'll stop ;)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    briderx said:
    if he replies "stop" they'll stop ;)
    I know. It just cracks me up when he goes on about it so I don't tell him!
    you're evil! :) lol
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards