Multiples
Options

What do you eat for lunch?

I am totally stumped about what to be eating. The nurse was adamant about the deli meat thing when I last went to the dr, but that eliminates so many options right off the bat. I'm pretty sure my midwife said I could have deli meat, but it needed to be eaten within 3 days of opening. I have just been eating random stuff, but I just need some better options. What are you eating for lunch? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and undoubtedly inhabited" - Anne Buchanan

Re: What do you eat for lunch?

• Options
    LittleLady77LittleLady77 member
    edited November 2013
    You can eat deli meat as long as you microwave it until its steaming hot. Subway and most sub places are totally use to pregnant women asking for this (toasting doesn't count). If you buy deli meat at the store just take it home and microwave it right off the bat then throw it in the fridge and use as needed.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I usually eat fruit, yogurt and granola. Pasta. Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Tortilla with grilled veggies (made from a microwave bag) beans and rice. Lentil or barley soup from Amy's. a big salad. Burgers. Eggs and cheese on toast. Lots of stuff.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy and I eat everything. Every once and a while I even rebel and eat deli meat. Lunch is usually leftovers, canned chicken sandwich, pb&j, and even Tuna. I usually get the roasted chicken breast at Subway when I go.

Mono/Di Twins - Due March 3, 2014 (Realist EDD - Feb 5, 2014)

Mommy to Jericho - 2 Years Old.

• Options
    BeesKnees181BeesKnees181 member
    edited December 2013
    Is deli meat really that bad?  I have been eating a ton of sandwiches...

• Options
    My hubby bought and cooked a whole turkey and chicken from the store and sliced that up into Tupperware for me to make sandwiches.  Other than that I would do lots of soups, left overs, PB&Js.....
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    BeesKnees181, no it isn't.  There is reported cases of listeria that can grow on the cold meats, meat spreads, frozen yogurt, and soft cheeses.  It is from the equipment that cuts the meats, pours the frozen yogurt, and from the unpasteurized milk in the cheese.  I choose not to consume those products, but cases are "rare" and a lot of pregnant woman continue eating it :)  Up to you and/or doc.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    I usually just eat leftovers and heat them up really well. I am struggling with the sandwich department as well. 

ps. I had NO IDEA about frozen yogurt being as bad as lunch meat! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I make a grilled cheese sandwich with the turkey on the sandwich wait till the bread is crispy enough then pop in microwave for 15 sec and bamn it's yummy. Not soggy. Also apples andPB, leftovers, pasta, soup, Mac and cheese has been my downfall, what I wouldn't do for a hot dog right now
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Beta #1 208, Beta #2 800, Beta #3 6,000
    Were Having Triplets!
    You Tube Videos of our Family finding out the good news!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've had 6 kids and have eaten deli with all of them w no problems. I DO stay away from salad bars bc of hepatitis C? On lettuce and such. Dr. Told me that w 4th baby.
    Right now my fave food grilled/baked/roasted chicken makes me nauseous to think about. Most foods are aversions so I'm having a hard time lol.
  • Options
    I usually just eat leftovers and heat them up really well. I am struggling with the sandwich department as well. 

ps. I had NO IDEA about frozen yogurt being as bad as lunch meat! 
    It's more about things like if the soft serve machines are not being cleaned properly.

Burberry0421 when pregnant I usually ate leftovers from whatever we ate the night before. Honestly, I didn't make a whole lot of diet changes while pregnant last time...though I was a lot more careful with my first pregnancy than this last one. It's all about moderation and some good sense in food prep & storage.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    You might get Hep A from a salad bar (fecal-oral transmission) not Hep C (blood/body fluid transmission). Hep A gives you nasty gastro symptoms but is not permanent. If you get Hep C (usually from sex or IV drug use) it's yours for life!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"