March 2014 Moms
Options

TMI - Discharge question (L&D update)

mrsdahammmrsdahamm member
edited December 2013 in March 2014 Moms
I'm sorry if this has already been beaten to death, but I tried to search (on mobile) and didn't find a solid answer.

I have had little to no discharge during my pregnancy (FTM, 27 weeks Sunday). The past few days I've had some clear-ish, snot-like discharge. Not a lot, not enough to end up in my underwear, but I see it 2-3 times a day when I wipe. There's no blood that I can see. Is this something to worry about, or normal? If it gets heavier I'll be calling my doctor because my next appointment isn't until the 13th.

*update*
I just got home. The baby is good. I was/am having contractions, but they're small ones and my cervix is closed. Fpn was negative, but I have a bacterial infection which they think is what is causing the contractions and the discharge. So they're treating that and I'll follow up with the doctor after treatment is done. He wants me off work tomorrow and my DM still hasn't even returned my call from 1 this afternoon.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!

Re: TMI - Discharge question (L&D update)

• Options
    I've had to wear panty liners since the beginning of the second trimester. The amount of clear to whitish discharge has increased over the last few weeks and from what I've read in previous posts and books and per my OB, it is normal. My OB said to call if it became blood tinged, changed colors or had an odor to it.
  • Options
    Honestly when it comes to stuff like this, a quick call to your doctor can ease your mind, or tell you what you need to do.  Likely just describing it to her over the phone will tell her whether or not this is normal. 
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Normal.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Called the doctor and told him what was going on and he wants me to come in to the hospital. I'm at work and can't leave until I have someone to replace me. So that's stressful but I'm trying to stay calm. I really expected him to just say it was normal and (a) not to worry or (b) come to the office Monday.
  • Options

mrsdahamm said:
    Called the doctor and told him what was going on and he wants me to come in to the hospital. I'm at work and can't leave until I have someone to replace me. So that's stressful but I'm trying to stay calm. I really expected him to just say it was normal and (a) not to worry or (b) come to the office Monday.
    I'm sorry you're stressed, but just remember, going in is a good thing IF there is something to be concerned about.  It's always better to get checked out if in doubt.  T&Ps everything is fine, and then you'll be able to relax and know everything is fine.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    BabiesFTWBabiesFTW member
    edited November 2013
    Normal. I've been wearing panty liners for weeks.
    I'll be curious what the docs say.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh I hate this. I'm still waiting for someone to come in because she's having to leave a family function to come. I feel terrible for having her even leave. I just wish there was a way to know for sure I'm doing the right thing :(
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    mrsdahamm said:
    Ugh I hate this. I'm still waiting for someone to come in because she's having to leave a family function to come. I feel terrible for having her even leave. I just wish there was a way to know for sure I'm doing the right thing :(
    You're going in because the doctor thought you should, you're doing the right thing.  Best case scenario, everything is fine and her coming in on her day off is NOT a big deal in comparison.  But if there is a reason to be checked out, then catching it early can make a world of difference.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

• Options
    Please keep us posted.
  • Options
    Update in OP
  • Options
    Glad it isn't anything really serious, get some rest and use your medicine! I hope you got ahold of everyone that you needed to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"