August 2012 Moms
Options

To party or not to party

edited November 2013 in August 2012 Moms
That is the question, ladies. We have an ear infection in the house after T's first week back in daycare, joy. No fever, just the telltale congestion, a slight cough, and the obvious ear tugging. I have a party tonight with some friends I haven't seen in years and they all want to meet him. But they all have kids too. There will be at least one 6 month old there, the other kids are preschool age. WWYD?

Oh, also he is in good spirits, like he's not even sick.

Re: To party or not to party

• Options
    How long has he had these symptoms? He may not be contagious anymore, but if one of the little ones coming has some sniffles and passes it on, it probably won't help things. I would tell everyone how he's been feeling and let them decide. As long has you try to give him some quiet play time so he doesn't get too overwhelmed, you should be good to party.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have been doing ear drops for about a week because he had some minor drainage from his tubes, but yesterday he came home with a runny nose, and last night was a rough night up coughing a lot.  But during the day he hardly coughs, it's only from the drainage when he lays down. The runny nose is pretty nasty though. 

Let's just say if I was a mom with a well kid, and a kid that looks like T does right now came to a play date, I wouldn't be too happy.  I think he's staying home :( but luckily we have a lot of willing sitters so the party is still on for me!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Leave him home to rest especially since you have sitters.
    If you would be upset if a child came to a playdate with the same symptoms, is a good rule of thumb for me too.
    Have fun tonight.
    victoria5month samantha5
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"