March 2014 Moms
Options

Underwear

1) What underwear have you been wearing lately? Bonus points for a link!

2) STM's - what did you wear after delivery? Also, bonus points for a link!

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Underwear

• Options
    I can only answer 1 and that's my normal cotton underwear I previously had. But today they were completely uncomfortable and I'm going to see what others say in response to this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    I am sticking with regular cotton panties, everything else annoys me and is way uncomfortable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got maternity bikini undies from Destination Maternity. Everything else chafes horribly! I think they're cotton/spandex blend. Very stretchy and soft and they sit below the belly.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    I'm actually wearin all the same underwear I wore pre pregnancy. This is the mini cheeksters under from VS and solid lace super stretch thongs. I am probably going to get so bigger boy short type undies soon though. For some reason, I feel self conscious when wearing full bottom panties.

• Options
    I bought hi cut maternity underwear from motherhood.  They don't look very different from my normal underwear, but they fit a lot better.
  • Options
    I have found VS stretch lace thongs to be most comfortable. I have gone up a size though for the extra room.
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• Options
    Hanky Panky! I like all varieties except the wider-band thong. It just doesn't look as cute and sexy on the bump as the other styles! ;;)

https://www.hankypanky.com
  • Options
    lvlichellelvlichelle member
    edited November 2013
    I wear my regular pre-pregnancy fruit of the loom cotton panties (nothing wow or fancy about them). I will admit, I pull on the waist band before putting them on to stretch them out a little to make them more comfy. Maybe I should look into the next size up?

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Options
    I bought bigger cotton undies from Sams club. Super Comfy

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    Maternity bikinis from thyme maternity. They always have a buy two get the third free. They are cotton and wonderful . Totally worth the investment to avoid those unsightly muffin top lines with tights and pants. And super comfortable!
  • Options
    For work I do one size up vs seamless and at home I have maternity hiphugger ones from motherhood. They don't ride up and are much mor comfy on my belly. I don't think they will work immediately after though because the band is pretty close to my old incision so I doubt it'll be comfortable. At the hospital I will just wear the sexy ones they give you then I will prob get some loose, equally sexy high waisted ones.
  • Options
    I'm still wearing my prepregnancy undies and did for DS too. For post partum I just bought cheap Hanes from target that I didn't care if I ruined. I actually didn't have super heavy bleeding once I got home from the hospital.
  • Options

I have found VS stretch lace thongs to be most comfortable. I have gone up a size though for the extra room.

This. Exactly. Not a fan of full coverage, makes me feel like I'm wearing a diaper for some reason!

• Options
    Still wearing the "Lacie" thong from VS may get some cheekies soon because the thongs get to riding up more, and DH loves the cheekies/boy short style. (Probably because it makes my lack of a back side look much better!)
  • Options
    I put away my cute underwear and bought a big package of cheap Hanes cotton bikini underwear in a size up from what I had been wearing.
  • Options
    cursty said:
    I am sticking with regular cotton panties, everything else annoys me and is way uncomfortable!
    Same with me.  I've worn the basic cotton panties (low rise) for Victoria's Secret for years.  I've never been into pretty lacy underwear or thongs (sorry DH).  After I delivered DS, I continued to wear the same type of panties.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Cotton boy shorts. I'll wear them until they fall apart, unless I need a larger size, which I'm sure will happen soon.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thong from target I think it's a gilliana brand? Love them
  • Options
    I usually wear the lacie thong from VS but after two UTIs in five weeks my OB suggested that could be a culprit too so I switched to VS boyshorts. I wasn't sure about them but they sit perfectly and are SO comfortable! I've never had luck with hanes, etc. They always seem to cut me funny, even prepreg.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"