Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Talk to me about walking

Okay, so DD took her first step on her ten-month-birthday. A little over a week later she started taking two successive steps now and then. Now, at 11.5 months, she is still only taking a few steps successively (the most I have seen is four but typically it's two). Anyone else's kid taking this long from the start of steps to begin full-on walking? 

I know I probably have nothing to worry about, but she hit all of her other milestones way ahead of time and everyone under the sun--our pediatrician included--proclaimed that she would be walking at ten months. (Not that I expected that exactly, but I did figure she would get the hang of walking faster than she has.) It seems like she's stalled out or something... Babies that were previously behind her in development seem to be passing her up left and right in this arena. 

I'm sure I'm just paranoid but I would be interested to hear other experiences! 
Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12

Re: Talk to me about walking

• Options
    DS was slow getting started. He would do one or two steps at a time. I started bribing him with some of his favorite objects- the remote, my phone and he started going a little further. Then one morning this week it's like something clicked and now he is full on walking. Either way, your DD is still ahead of the game. Most kids don't walk till after their 1st birthdays. Don't worry- she is just fine!
    imageimage
  • Options
    DD took a few steps on her own a few weeks ago, and then took about 8 baby steps on her own a week ago and now she has zero interest in walking. She's taking her time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My son also took his first steps on his 10 month mark but hasn't taken more than 2 or 3 steps in a row since. Once he falls on his butt he seems to think "oh well- I know I can crawl" and takes off on hands and knees lol It has only been a few weeks now but of course DH and I feel like it's been forever, we know he will come around when he is good and ready and I'm sure your LO will do the same! Until then let's just take advantage of the extra time to baby proof

• Options
    DD has been taking a few steps for a few weeks now. I don't think there is anything to worry about. She will be running around in no time!
  • Options
    Yeah, he took his first steps right before he turned 9 months, I was freaked out and ready for a super early walker but then he waited 3 weeks to do it again. He was walking without me needing to "hover" at 10 months. So all in all, the whole process took a while.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My daughter didn't walk until she was 14 months; no interest at all, would stand by herself but that's it. And then one night we were getting her ready for bed and she took off across the room- a 20' room. It varies SO much.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"