December 2012 Moms
Options

Timing of Baby #2

If you're planning on a second baby, I'm curious to know when you will start to TTC? At this point I THINK we're going to wait until DD is two or so, but I'm always interested to hear what other people are planning and how they made their decision. Thanks! 
Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12

Re: Timing of Baby #2

• Options
    I saw the doctor and she said you should wait until 18 months, and 12 months minimum for your body to be ready.  That doesn't include c-section considerations, which also play a role.  I think there are some reasons to wait even longer to make sure all your nutrient stores are up.  But we won't wait past 14 months or so because I am 35 and we want to have 1 or 2 more.  Minor things that may affect our timing are 1) that I get short term teaching jobs that are intensive and if I can not be throwing up during one of those, that would be great; 2) we want the clothes we have to be reused if possible so seasons might play a role, although DH says that is dumb.  I saw a woman at the indoor gym today with 3 in diapers, and I absolutely would not want to do that, just based on how messy the whole thing was in the 30 minutes we were there.  Other things for us might be that we don't want them too far apart so that I might be able to stay home while they are young and then get them all in school and work relatively quickly.
  • Options
    My first 2 are 16 months apart. We wanted them closer but with breastfeeding it was the soonest I started ovulating again. My 2nd and 3 rd are almost 2 1/2 years apart. I personally don't like that big of a gap but I had some health issues. Im currently pregnant and baby 3 and this one will be 19 months apart with my oldest being 5 years old when baby 4 is born.

I love having them so close together. You never get out of sinc and they are all so close and supportive of each other. So far all 3 are great sleepers and were from the.start so i never dealt with sleepless nights. Also we potty train early so we've never had 2 in diapers. Those are generally the complaints of close aged kids.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're waiting to TTC until DD is around 2.5 years old.  We want to make sure we're financially good, and are in the process of house-hunting at the moment.  And with DD, I just want to give her all of my attention... I definitely don't have baby fever yet :)
  • Options
    I waited until DS was a little over 1 to ttc, he was 5.5 by the time it worked. They are 6.2 years apart. So just go with the flow, because nature may have other plans.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    *LrCg* said:
    My first 2 are 16 months apart. We wanted them closer but with breastfeeding it was the soonest I started ovulating again. My 2nd and 3 rd are almost 2 1/2 years apart. I personally don't like that big of a gap but I had some health issues. Im currently pregnant and baby 3 and this one will be 19 months apart with my oldest being 5 years old when baby 4 is born. I love having them so close together. You never get out of sinc and they are all so close and supportive of each other. So far all 3 are great sleepers and were from the.start so i never dealt with sleepless nights. Also we potty train early so we've never had 2 in diapers. Those are generally the complaints of close aged kids.
    Interesting perspective! 
    Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12
  • Options
    JessAnnJJessAnnJ member
    edited November 2013
    I just stopped taking my BC pills so I guess we are trying now. I will be 33 in a few months so we didn't want to wait too long, and we would like LO's to be close in age. DH and his brother are 3 years apart and he thinks that is too much of an age gap. Any earlier would have been to soon for me. I had terrible morning sickness and felt like crap for most of my pregnancy so I needed to be ready to deal with that again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    I also wanted to add another reason I like them close together is because I don't want to miss out on anything. My oldest just turned 5 and will start school next year and with that I assume will start interest in soccer and flag football, etc. In our house our babies have always been in bed by 6:30pm so that would mean I would miss out on all games which wouldn't be fair to my oldest or drag a baby out and make that baby be cranky and set bad sleep habits which wouldn't be fair either. With them being close in age, I can convince the oldest to start sports at 6 and the baby will be 1 and all those concerns are no longer an issue.
  • Options
    I am wanting to wait until DS is around 2 or 3 to start TTC again, DH wants one like now but I want to enjoy my time with DS and he has admitted that financially it would be smarter to wait
  • Options
    We technically started once we got engaged. Which was when DD was about 1 year old. It took us about 4-5 months of not trying but not preventing to get pregnant. Then after a few weeks of agony ended in a miscarriage. We then started charting and actively trying and it took us 2 cycles to get our son (which was about 3-4 months since I have 40+ day cycles). Rosie was about 20 months when we got pregnant. She was then almost 2.5 when we had Cade. I think it's a good age gap. Rosie was super jealous at first, but now that they are older they interact so well! It's going to be fun the next year and I wouldn't change a thing!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We haven't really decided yet.  The earliest I think I'd really feel ready to TTC would be next summer.  The latest I think I'd want to start TTC is next December
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We are currently expecting.  I am due in Jan. 2014, so my last 2 babies will be 12-13 mo. apart (depending on if I go on time or early).  Which is a huge contrast to my first 2 daughters which are 5.5 years apart.  We struggled with infertility so I will take them whenever I am blessed.
  • Options
    We're trying now, so they'll be at least 20 months apart... Hopefully, they'll be less than two years apart. I'm 32 and DH is 42, which is the main reason that we're trying again so quickly.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    robyn2201robyn2201 member
    edited December 2013
    DD1 and DD2 are 2 years and 4 months apart. It's more than we originally wanted, but I really do love the age difference. 

We started TTC when DD1 was 10 months old. The reason that we started TTC so early, was that it took us 18 months of TTC to get pregnant with DD1. I was afraid it would take that long again or possibly even longer, and we wanted them close in age. It ended up taking us 11 months the second time.

We would like a 3rd, and I think if we were at a different point financially, we would already be TTC #3 due to how long it tends to take for me to get pregnant. Unfortunately, having a 3rd means getting a larger vehicle and larger house. Both of which are not in the cards for us right now. Possibly another year from now. 

I have a feeling the age difference between #2 and #3 will be larger. It makes me a little sad, but then again having 2 is way harder than I anticipated. I am tired and an exhausted. Well the baby is easy, but DD1 is a different story. 3 is a hard age in general. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"