Secondary IF

Clomid on cd3 vs cd5

So RE is recommending upping my Clomid to 100mg and starting on cd3.  I did 2 cycles of 50mg Clomid on cd 5. He was being conservative. But not BFP the follies were on my tubeless side. So, I am ok with this treatment, its a little more aggressive.  I think earlier clomid ups the # of follies and cd 5 ensures quality, no?

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                             50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                  100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
Took a LONG Break
Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG

Re: Clomid on cd3 vs cd5

• I've only taken Clomid starting on CD3. Can I ask a nosy question? How did they DX you with Lupus? 
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Not nosey at all! It started 10 mo pp, I was feeling very sore in my joints from doing normal activities and over the course of 6 mo got unexplained fever with headache. WAs hospitalized 2 x for the headaches, no diagnosis as to why. We moved and I saw my a new pcp. She suspected something autoimmune the b/ w agreed. I saw a rhuemy and over 6 mo of testing confirmed it. I have tried meds to help control flares but it really did not help much. My flares include stiff painful joints, extreme fatigue, nausea and headache. Thankfully none have bern as bad as tge first 2. But now I know how to pace myself. Exercise and more sleep at night helps.

Oh and I do have the butterfly rash that I thouhght was pg rosacea.

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • Loading the player...
  • CeCe8579CeCe8579 member
    edited December 2013
    I have Lupus. I got lucky and got DX'd at 21 or 22. What meds have you tried? Vitamin C, B-12 injections and D3 help me a lot but I also take Plaquenil. I get butterfly rashes too but I haven't found anything to reduce it. I have discoid lupus and systematic lupus. I've had the same symptoms and have had to pace myself too. Exercise and sleep definitely help. I' have kidney issues and fatty liver. It is not a fun disease to deal with. Hugs! I'm here if you ever need support because I know how it feels for no one to truly understand how you feel!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"