1st Trimester
Options

Just got BFP on digital... History of m/c and chemical pregnancy... Just looking for support

Just got a 1-2 week pregnant positive result on digital clear blue, with a history of m/c at 6 weeks and last month a chemical pregnancy. I really want this one to stick. I'm kind of on a limited time schedule because of my age at 35 and my husband doesn't want me going through all the drastic up and downs of TTC. I won't be telling him until I'm a few more weeks, based on his "cautiously optimistic" attitude and he won't let himself get excited until a baby is born (miscarriage and bad stories with friends, etc) I get it but I need support and want to know what kind of stories moms have had which might be similar. I can't get in to see my obgyn until late next week and have a history of low hcg and borderline progesterone levels with each of the past 2 pregnancies. I have a happy, healthy toddler. Any advice or support I will indulge!

Re: Just got BFP on digital... History of m/c and chemical pregnancy... Just looking for support

• Options
    I haven't been in your situation but welcome and good luck. You're pregnant right now so try to enjoy it. I'm sure that's easier said than done, but I've heard other ladies say it and I remind myself of it whenever I'm feeling scared. I hope this is your sticky baby!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!

I had two m/c's before having DS1. The PgAL (Pregnant After a Loss) board is an excellent source of support from women who are going through the same thing. I definitely recommend making an intro there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    TeacherVicky thanks for the heads up! I will check it out and I hope this sticks too... I hope to be able to stay posting on this area of the board :)
  • Options
    The best to you.

I have to say this & please hear me out. I know your husband is less than excited & possibly not ready to hear your good news, but Heaven forbid something happen this time around? He really deserves to know. It's his baby too & you need his support as much as he is able to give it. Even if not as much as you feel you need from him. My husband would be devastated if I kept a pregnancy from him. Please consider telling him before too long.

I hope this baby is a take-home baby for you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I know. I just want to see the doctor first and get my levels tested to at least see any increase. The last time I told him I was pregnant last month his response was asking me why I decided to test so early (broke my heart a little). He can be on the pessimistic side unless proven otherwise, which is why I know he will be very excited when I am further along. He's a very good dad and husband. I know he will be a better support for the type of emotional support I need later on in the pg were likely talking weeks). I had no issues conceiving the first time with my toddler who is 4. I just want it to work out and stick. It's also tough because I've been in transition with a new ogbyn because my old one left her practice that I've been slipping throughout the cracks. I di appreciate your thoughts and understand.
  • Options
    With your history I find it hard to believe your OB can't see you earlier. Did you remind them of your history when you booked the appointment? You might have to advocate for yourself and baby. You could also ask for a referral to an RE who will monitor your first trimester more closely.
  • Options
    Since my original OB left the remaining OB has been apparently swamped and unless got a positive test, they couldn't get me in until early Jan. It's been tough. And I travel for work which is added stress about trying to time BD, but it has worked a few times now. I leave for out of town Monday thru Thursday. Technically the nurse said I'm not an established patient if the remaining OB, so they have to treat me as a new patient. I'm not all together happy about it but now that I got another positive I'm hoping to get in Friday for labs. Neither by previous OB or my PCP (which I had to see last CP) put me on progesterone but levels have both been low borderline.
  • Options
    i have also had a history of m/c i would recommend calling your dr.ASAP and they should get you in for blood tests.  After i got my blood tests done i was put on progesterone supplements since my numbers were a little low.  I stayed on those till 10 - 11 weeks and now i am 13 weeks along:)  Good Luck!!!

• Options
    Hi,

Early congrats and big hugs. I've also had several early miscarriages, but I'm currently pregnant with my third healthy child. So there is hope! I hope this is your sticky take home baby!
    A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    :( update: just experienced a CP. Hello AF. It's a repeat of last month. So disheartened.
  • Options
    Erin0303 said:
    :( update: just experienced a CP. Hello AF. It's a repeat of last month. So disheartened.

Sorry to hear this.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry :(

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"